lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
clubcar26
Not Yet Wild

Default has anybody reversed their polaris rims?

Have a quick question for some one that has run polaris rims. I found a set of steal factory take off polaris atv rims. The size are 10x8.5 . The guy said the backspace is 2.5 inches from the mounting surface to the outside of the rim and 5 3/4" from the mounting surface to the inside or part of rim that is closest axle. But he said I could reverse them and it would give me the opposite effect??? I know the valve stem will be on the inside and the rim probably wont look the nicest on the inside but will it work? Has anyone done this? I ask because I can get the rims very cheap and im doing a budget build.
clubcar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2011, 06:19 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: has anybody reversed their polaris rims?

I did this on my atv, worked good. I don'rt see why you couldn't do that on the cart. Watch for tires rubbing the body and frame. Your steering might feel funky, but you'll get used to it.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
Yamasaki
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Do polars wheels have the same bolt pattern?
Yamasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
squeek2oo1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like those are Polaris front wheels and should be 4x156 bolt pattern....but some of the rear polaris wheels are 4x4 pattern and will work
squeek2oo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek2oo1 View Post
Sounds like those are Polaris front wheels and should be 4x156 bolt pattern....but some of the rear polaris wheels are 4x4 pattern and will work
Just the rear wheels fit
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
clubcar26
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: has anybody reversed their polaris rims?

Ok. Thanks guys. Yeah it turned out they were 4x156 pattern. The funny thing is I asked him if they were 4 on 4 pattern and he thought I meant to ask if they were from a 4x4 atv. Anyways its a no go. I need some rims and tires in the worst way. I got my lift done yesterday and it doesn't look good at all with stock tires. Does anybody know of any sweet deals on tires and rims or even just rims. Will the cheap 8" offset black steel ones work? And if so where is the cheapest place to get them. Thanks again!
clubcar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
jeffrun
Gone Wild

i have 2 rear polaris steel wheels, 4 on 4 , 10 x 8, 3+5 offset. They need to be sanded and painted. Any interest??
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts