lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
cmurray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Solenoid

Can anyone tell me what the yellow thing is, that is connected to both posts on top of my solenoid. 99 ds 48v
cmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Solenoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
Can anyone tell me what the yellow thing is, that is connected to both posts on top of my solenoid. 99 ds 48v
The link below shows different wiring diagrams for different years. I believe it's a resistor. Others here know just about everything there is to know and will post soon I'm sure!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

there is a resistor and diode that connect to solenoid and i beleive there is a red wire with a yellow fuse holder 3/8 fuse but the yellow fuse holder dosn,t connect to solenoid itself the red wire does......i have never seen a yellow resistor or diode but someone might have modified a yellow fuse and connected it there.......i can,t say for sure but if you can take a pic and post it we,ll find out...........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
cmurray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It's number 23 on the wiring diagram. Someone mentioned it was called a diode and it allows current to flow in only one direction. I took it off while replacing some cables. After reinstalling the cart wouldn't go. I jumped the solenoid and it went. I flipped the Diode?? over and still nothing. I was hoping to replace this part b/f having to buy a new solenoid. Thanks to those who responded...
cmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Not having the diode or the resistor will not stop the cart from running. Are you getting the completed activation cicuit for the solenoid? Via the micro switch?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

chances are if you jumped the solenoid and cart runs than its bad...........you can also order the micro switch it only cost a few bucks but 99 out of 100 times its the solenoid.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:47 AM   #7
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Hopefully this PDF file will upload. If it does, the info you are interested in is on pages 7 and 8 as far as what is on your solenoid. As far as the cart not running, continue with the help being given, as they said, neither the diode or resistor will stop the cart from running
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alltrax-Contactor-Fuse-Diode-Lessons-Learned.pdf (428.6 KB, 20 views)
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car