lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2020, 05:11 PM   #1
chris95559
Not Yet Wild

Default G14 predator swap

Hi guys, looking for a little help/advice. In order to do the predator 13hp swap on a Yamaha g14 do I need to buy the $700 kit from Las Vegas carts or do I just need the engine bracket from them? I just got this cart and it’s smoking but I don’t need anything crazy. Looks like I can get a used or rebuilt G14 for $700 and I don’t see why it would be worth it if need to buy the engine from harbor freight then a $700 kit to swap in the engine? Thanks
chris95559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:09 AM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 predator swap

The kit has the engine and S/G mounts, S/G pulley , comet 780 R clutch , exhaust header, and the right sized belt. You can only use part of the kit BUT skimping on the clutch IMHO leaves less then desirable results. Again you can fab up some kind of exhaust system BUT again what is the outcome going to be? The main thing is the HUGE power difference along with readily available parts of all sorts.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:21 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 predator swap

Look in the clone swap section, I'd get a 420 at least if you are buying one they are same price usually and larger. Its a bit of free torque. How you do it is up to you, the kit is way faster you can get it installed quicker. You can get just the mount and figure out the rest it takes longer. You can make a mount depends on what you can do, I made all mine way back when I did it as no mounts were for sale. Everyone likes the 780 clutch but I used the stock Yamaha and had great luck with it on a stock 420 as the powerband is very similar. Once you mod the engine it does not work that well. If your clutch is worn out you should buy one anyway, I rebuilt one and put weights in another 3 times but now the sheave is way more expensive better to buy a new one. My modded cart I have a 94c ezgo clutch on and it works great on the trail but not the best in the yard. Its been hard to tune right, I rather a newer clutch but they cost more too. It works pretty well overall and is tunable unlike the Yamaha clutch. The stock clone works great with the Yamaha clutch I rebuilt with a new sheave and weights. What you do depends on what you can fab up yourself and how long you want to mess with it. I had a pipe made by Robertson torque tubes, the stock cart is a mess of SS flex and pipe fittings and a 10 dollar car muffler from a bone yard but it works. Had a 300 engine and 100 into clutch adapter and misc parts with that swap. I spent more on the modded one and its nicer but both work well for their use.

With the stock clone you can put a timing key in, jet the carb, put HD springs in after you break it in good. That combo is cheap and runs faster and feels like twice the power of the old stock tired engine in a G9. If you don't scream it down roads at top speed it should run great for quite a while. I didn't put springs in the stock one I did it went 2mph faster than stock engine both with no governor.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!