lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2020, 09:54 AM   #1
Yttermayn
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default 83 Columbia Par Car engine temp

Any idea how hot these engine should get? I've had a couple squirrel cage fans shatter (they were both ancient) and I've got an electric blower rigged up to keep it cool. It's worked well for a few years but I'm paranoid about over-heating it. I'm thinking of putting a temp probe on it just in case the electric fan isn't good enough or fails. What temp should I be trying to keep it under?
Yttermayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 83 Columbia Par Car engine temp

Man, I have no idea other to say that they do run hot. The good news is that these motors are just about impossible to "burn" up like cars will so I don't believe there is much risk of catastrophe from an overheat. Case in point, a few years ago now my cart stopped dead in it's tracks. I checked things out on the side of the road and couldn't see anything wrong. The cart started back up and I drove away only to stop again a couple hundred feet down the road. Again, I checked things out and found no issues so off I went only for the cart to quit again after a couple of hundred feet. I figured something was overheating, ie: the coil or something. All the same, I drove the cart home albeit stopping every couple hundred feet to allow things the cool down.

After a more thorough inspection I found that my fan was disintegrated. On that trip my cart had failed about 20 times due to overheating. I replaced the fan and things have been fine since.....knocking on wood. I didn't so much as even replace the spark plug.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:15 AM   #3
Yttermayn
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Re: 83 Columbia Par Car engine temp

Wow, that's amazing and comforting. Thanks!
Yttermayn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, question, temp
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar