lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2015, 11:57 AM   #1
kroy1968
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question trouble shooting rear end noise ezgo ("new" way to tell? )

I have 2 ezgo carts that I'm rebuilding. One is a 99 series cart and one is an 01 PDS. The 99 has a bad grinding noise but from the sound I can't tell if it's motor, rearend, axle, or hub so I'm trouble shooting now using post from this site and others. I've noticed something that hasn't come up in other posts. When I have the 01(which seems to be fine) jacked up and press the go pedal only the drivers side wheel turns. When I press go pedal on the 99, with grinding noise, both wheels spin.

I'm thinking the 01 spinning only one wheel makes sense with the limited slip and all and I wonder if both wheels spinning on the 99 should tell me something. What do y'all think?
kroy1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: trouble shooting rear end noise ezgo ("new" way to tell? )

Neither of those had limited slip from the factory (which would force both wheels to spin when no load). All this tells me is that one of your carts has a dragging brake.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
Steve A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Jack up the rear end and spin the tires by hand. I had a bad drum on mine. Changed mine to 4 wheel hydraulic. Pricey but worth it if it's fast
Steve A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #4
kroy1968
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The problem was the input shaft on the rearend. I found it by removing motor and determined the problem was the rearend. While troubleshooting everthing I read said that when the snap ring was removed the shaft would simply pull out. Mine would not come out so I figured it would be the problem. Nothing I did could get it out. Luckily I have a friend with $10000 in Snap On tools. A bearing separaterseparate and snatched had it out in less then 5 minutes. The back bearing was completely shot
kroy1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO