lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2023, 06:08 PM   #1
western57
Not Yet Wild

Default Which EZGO is this Western based on, and suspension troubleshooting

Looking for help figuring out which EZ-GO chassis my 1993 Western 200 is based on. The driver side tire rubs on the wheel well when turned. (It's a stock 8.5x8 tire.) I have tried to adjust the driver side shock, to get more clearance, but have taken the adjustment nut down as far as it will go. I'm wondering whether the prior owner didn't use the correct front shock absorbers when he replaced them, whether they may be correct, but shot, or whether a slightly "taller" shock will provide the clearance I need.

Currently, the front shocks are part #15707-G1. I've looked online, and see that part number for 1994-on carts, but no spec for pre-94, like my '93. From the below thread, I am thinking that the cart is based on a TXT, since it has the same pedal group and steering wheel as the one I found on the forum, at https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ht=Western+TXT. If so, is that part # correct? Am I barking up the wrong tree and need to check some other suspension piece?

At a dead end, would appreciate any information on the correct EZGO "sibling" and any tips on fixing/troubleshooting the rubbing problem.

Thanks!
western57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2023, 10:11 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which EZGO is this Western based on, and suspension troubleshooting

A 1993 Western is built on an Ezgo Marathon frame and suspension. THe most common cause of suspension sagging is worn leaf springs.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 11:32 AM   #3
western57
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Which EZGO is this Western based on, and suspension troubleshooting

Thanks very much!
western57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO