lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
Scolari78
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up 2004 EZGO TXT limo Honda GX630 eng - Seems like it's slipping no high speed

Hello, I recently purchased a 2004 EZGO TXT lifted GAS 6 seater with the Honda GX630 engine upgrade kit from Jakes. About 2mo ago the cart started to slow down to about 20mph and it started to smoke the drive belt going uphill. I decided to replace both clutches and belt with new. Now cart only reaches 10mph at full throttle. I checked engine RPM and full throttle it is at 4000rpm which is OK. It feels like something is slipping somewhere, I was told there is a governor inside the transaxle. Maybe that is fried? I found a lever on top of the transaxle with nothing connected to it. If I move that lever side to side nothing happens while driving no speed changes. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Parts changed:
-NEW COMET drive clutch
-NEW Jakes Driven clutch and Belt
Scolari78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO