lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
Goat53
Gone Wild

Default voltage gap

My old 83 quit on me last weekend ,, i'm going to get it back going , but I have ran across somthing that puzzles me and thought I would see if this is 'normal ' ,, The switch that operates the starter when you press the accelator has 12.6 volts going into it ,but only 9.3 coming out when operated ,, the switch is only a week old and in good appearing condition , is it normal to loose 3 volts in a switch ???? it looses the 3+ volts with or without the wire attached to the out side . strange .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #2
CaptEd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: voltage gap

If you operated the switch several times, and the load was shorted or bad, you could have arced the contacts in the switch. If that happened, you could have a voltage drop across the switch. Take both wires off and using an ohm meter see if you get 0 ohms when you close the switch. If not the switch is bad.
CaptEd
CaptEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
Goat53
Gone Wild

Default Re: voltage gap

Checked that and did not get 0 ohms , also found a come and go open in the key switch and replaced several secondary wires that had been spliced with 'barrell' squeze on connectors , havn't had this cart very long and this was the first time I had looked at it real close . The bad switch was 'new' last week , old one broke so I went to the local dealer and bought it and put it on for the first time last week and it's already bad , guess there are rotten apples in every barrell . any way it's going now ,, thanks for the reply ,,,
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO