lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Default 2008 RXV performance capabilities

Looking at a gasser, womdering what the stock engine can do, performance wise.
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2019, 02:30 PM   #2
4mula1fan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 RXV performance capabilities

I have no complaints. Maybe not as smooth as a twin but plenty of grunt.
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:33 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 RXV performance capabilities

Stock, it's not going to hold a candle to your modified precedent. Probably climb hills better but acceleration and top speed your precedent will kill it.

Speed gears and clutch upgrades (which cost less than a controller and a d&d motor by far) it wont out-accelerate the precedent, but will have much better top end and.

Really it all comes down on what you plan to do with the cart. I know you've been researching a lot of big block upgrades and etc. If you're still planning to put the beat down on your buddy, do a big block and be done. Or Andy has an already built ezgo that is just plain nasty for sale.for $3k in the buy/sell forum here. You couldn't build what hes got for anywhere near that price.

The biggest advantage to gas carts is the daily maintenance. Make sure it has gas and go. No daily charging, wateringz etc. That's my biggest beef with electric carts, not the performance but the constant maintenance. And if I decide to drive my gas cart 150 miles in a day (granted that would be a long day lol) I can. I dont have to worry about state of charge, damaging the batteries, waiting overnight for them to recharge, etc. And if I run out of gas, dump some in and go.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO