lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default G1 crankshaft bearing replacement

Planning on replacing the crankshaft bearings and seals. Bearing ont he clutch side is roaring. Any one have any tips or things to look out for? I have the manual and looked over it. Looks like i will have to split the cases to do this Any help is appreciated.
wthompson912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 crankshaft bearing replacement

I just did mine and followed the instructions I got from the folks here. Basically hot and cold concept. Freeze bearings, heat cases install bearings and let all cool. Heat cases with bearings and freeze crank, install crank and snug case bolts lightly. Do not torque case bolts until all is at room temp. Make sure you have everything squeeky clean and well lubed before assembly including a little oil in the passages. You'll have a snap ring on one side and I installed it so it didn't cover the oil journal. If I were you I'd use a 6mm tap and clean out all the bolt holes for the case bolts while cleaning. I used Lucas assy oil and I'm sure Yamalube and others is good. You'll need an inch pound torque wrench and make sure to check the rod/crank bearing to be within tollerance. Hopefully some of the more experienced guys will check in with you on this. Good luck
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Please note the bearings and seals are installed with the part numbers facing out on both sides and prelube the seals to prevent damage during install.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Well said Steve! Hmmm....this somehow sounds familiar? LOL
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Quiet Slo, allow me my moment of brilliance!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

finally got it done and it runs great! Thanks for the tips, always good to get info from those that have done this before. i should have replaced the rings but it still has about 130psi compression so it should be good for a while.
wthompson912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha