lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2018, 08:50 PM   #41
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: A look inside Nissan Leaf lithium battery pack

Absolutely. I’m more than happy with the setup and ease of use/features. Plus the touch screen display is pretty trick. They have a newer model that’s a little cheaper too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #42
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbuggy View Post
So the BMS works by actively movinh power around between cells?

Is there a disadvantage to wiring the cells in parallel to allow them to self balance?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That is a good idea and will not have any disadvantage.

Unless You are planning on buying a high-end BMS (over $1k), most of the less expensive ones have a small current balancing capacity.

The zeva BMS for example can only do 0.12Ah every time it runs for the 1 hour maximum cycle time.

Those type BMS will do a good job maintaining a pack that is was close to be balanced, but they will take too long to balance cells that started at more than a few percent off each other.

The systems with individual chargers per cell have an advantage in this area as they can charge the lower cells individually and bring a pack of varying states of SOC to the same level in a single charging cycle.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:21 PM   #43
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry to bump an older thread, but this is all very cool. Had no idea that people were modding their carts with this. I'm only a few weeks into golf cart ownership and want to do this.
brett92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:34 AM   #44
BeachRide
Not Yet Wild

Another great thread. Really liking this place.

One more mod to consider.
BeachRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:16 AM   #45
cricketo
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That is a good idea and will not have any disadvantage.
Looks like we lost some posts after the maintenance.

Paralleling the cells carries the danger of pumping too much current into cells with lower voltage. If the cells have nearly the same voltage, this is not an issue. But please, don't try to parallel some cells you just got and haven't checked their voltages.
cricketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:31 AM   #46
bernito
Not Yet Wild

I purchased the following BMS in an effort to copy one of Bob's builds, which I found both elegant and economical. My questions are:

1. Can anyone recommend the best/easiest way to connect wires to the BMS's two C- (left side) and B- (right side) openings.

2. Is it preferable to connect wire(s) to one of the openings versus the other (e.g. the top left hand corner versus the cut out midway down the left side on the C-)?

3. Are there any wire termination fittings I can buy to make the connection easier and more durable over time?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMS photo.jpg (22.7 KB, 0 views)
bernito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #47
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't think You should use either one for a golf cart application, those BMS are designed for toys that do not have the current requirements of a cart Motor.

Perhaps Bob can share with you his wiring diagram adapting that BMS with HV/LV external Solenoids so it can handle the current requirements.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #48
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Bob did share his wiring diagram and as recommended, I am incorporating a NTE Electronics DSDP Relay model R14-11D10-48 which is rated for 10amps and 48volts.

The question is strictly related to how to best attach the wires to the BMS's C- and B-, which will run to the DSDP Relay. Some BMS's come with wires pre-attached to the C- and B-, but this one did not, although its specifications match perfectly to the desired HV and LV cutoffs of a seven Leaf battery build.
bernito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #49
Steve390Gold
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Yamaha converted with lithium Leaf batteries.

How do you go about keeping the 12v battery charged that's sitting in the middle there?
Steve390Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium