lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
Mandude3287
Not Yet Wild

Default Xrt1550 front diff not engaging

I just recently purchased an 07 xrt1550 with the Honda motor. The cart only has 400hrs and is in really great shape. I noticed yesterday when trying to pull a piece of equipment out that both rear tires were spinning, but that the front Tires were not. I had my wife press the gas while I stood to the side to confirm if the drive shaft was turning and it was. I called a local dealer and was told that it might be an electrical problem, but can't even find anything mentioned in the parts manual about an electronic locking front differential. Any help would be appreciated.
Mandude3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
jus10kub
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Xrt1550 front diff not engaging

Did you get this resolved? I have a similar issue
jus10kub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:41 AM   #3
Japsoon
Not Yet Wild

Has anyone made any progress with the front end problem. Mines not engaging either. Thanks
Japsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:07 PM   #4
Alexr
Not Yet Wild

Have you changed the front diff. limit switch
Alexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:41 AM   #5
Mandude3287
Not Yet Wild

I did resolve the issue. I simply spliced into the wiring to the front diff and added waterproof toggle switch. No I have full time 4wd whenever I want. Works flawlessly now!
Mandude3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:38 PM   #6
Wlldraper
Not Yet Wild

The electrical connection is two wires under the hood just in front of the steering wheel. There is a two wire coupling there. Might check to ensure it has not come unplugged. My 2008 is intellitrac and automatically puts the front wheels in action when the computer senses it needs it.
Wlldraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:07 PM   #7
brad08stanggt
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2008 XRT 1550 w/ the intellitrak 4x4 and Kubota diesel engine. This past weekend it was really cold and for about 15 minutes the machine was only working in RWD. Eventually the 4x4 started working as the cab warmed up. I am going to assume that the front diff limit switch was frozen/acting up due to the cold.

I would like to put a switch in between the front diff limit switch and the front diff to make the 4x4 selectable and to run 2x4 when 4x4 is not needed. It seems like this is possible based on this thread....

Does anyone know if splicing in the switch all that is required? I don't quite understand how the 4x4 works....with the limit switch is attached to the gas pedal, does this engage the front diff when you press the gas only and "free's up" the diff when you are off the gas? That hardly seems like automatic/on-demand 4x4 to me....as it would be full time 4x4 every time you are on the accelerator.... so I am wondering if there is more to the system than the limit switch.

Are there any other sensors or anything else involved with engaging the 4x4 with the intellitrak system?

Thanks.
brad08stanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #8
b10doll
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys, I have an xrt 1550 that had a bad front differential when I bought it. I bought a new differential from the manufacturer and installed it. The limiter switch is sending power to it like it should, but it still wont pull. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
b10doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:49 PM   #9
GalenShanks
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 2012 XRT 1550 w/ the intellitrak 4x4 and Kubota diesel engine. I was driving at our deer lease in San Angelo, Texas. A mud hole came up and I just barely made it through the first time. Second time I stopped with both rear wheels spinning and the front tires not moving at all. I got pulled out and everything was fine for 2 wheel. The wires to the front axle has 12 volts. I jacked up the back wheels and put the unit in forward. No movement, the front drive shaft was moving and I could see the front shaft to the differ moving. What would normally be the next move

Last edited by GalenShanks; 09-20-2020 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: spelling
GalenShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car