lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2018, 08:04 AM   #1
mcannon321
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G29 Batt Shift. Room for Big Lester. PICs

I bought the 1050 Watt Summitt charger, and sure enough it was too wide to fit in the battery well. I got to thinking (dangerous) and decided that if I could change the 4 + 2 battery config to a passenger 6 pack, I could create enough room for the charger and a little converter to supply 12 volt power. I had the cart stripped down for cleaning and rust touch up, so there was lots of room to work. (see pic 1) When I test fitted the charger, I found that the battery divider rib prevented the charger from sitting squarely on the battery tray. I got brave with the 4" grinder and removed about 3" to 4" of the vertical plastic (see pic 2). This allowed the charger to be properly positioned/mounted (see pic 3). All that was left to do was place the 6 batteries in the "passenger 6 pack" config and reconnect the batteries (all in series of course) with the existing cables. I disconnected the original charger port and connected the Lester Summitt II. The cart is all cleaned up and now sports the best On-Board Charger in the biz. (See Pic 4). I am fabricating a 1" x 1" box steel frame to support an extended roof next. After that, 3" lift and some Biguns' Thanks, Mike C.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cleanup.jpg (201.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Grind For Clearance.jpg (192.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Room for Lester.jpg (202.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Together Again.jpg (197.6 KB, 0 views)
mcannon321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2018, 05:02 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Batt Shift. Room for Big Lester. PICs

I hope you have a good plan to keep battery acid and scuzz away from that shiney new toy.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 06:36 PM   #3
mcannon321
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Batt Shift. Room for Big Lester. PICs

Greetings CG Tech,
I do plan to add some aluminum sheet, create a divider, and silicone the bottom edges. I am adding a 4" box fan pointed right at the charger. The charger and fan will be powered by a 12 gauge 10 foot cord. When the charger runs, the fan will run as well. That should keep the charger within temp specs. Thanks, Mike C.
mcannon321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drive, g29, move batteries, on-board
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha