lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Tire Wear

I'm about to mount new tires and rims on my 2013 RXV. I will go with 205/65-10's for increased speed. Before I mount them I want to address the tire wear and do an alignment or whatever adjustment necessary to correct this uneven wear pattern on the front. These tires have been rotated a time or two and are the original to the cart. I have maintained the pressure at 19-22 psi. What do you think I need to adjust?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tire 1.jpg (130.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Tire 2.jpg (134.2 KB, 0 views)
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tire Wear

What does the tire manufacturer have on the sidewall for tire pressure?
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Max cold of 22 psi. I will often inflate them to 22 when checking them.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #4
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Because the wear is on the inside of the driver's side and outside on the passenger's side I didn't think it was a pressure issue.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:10 AM   #5
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I for one couldn't tell the wear from your pictures. So the basic is test air pressure and set it to Manufacturer #s.

Usually when the tire is worn on one side but not the other, the camber angle is off either negative or positive.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:31 AM   #6
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

My thought as well but the RXV doesn't have an adjustment for camber. Perhaps the hubs are bent? Anyway, I'll mount the new/bigger tires and check alignment.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:50 AM   #7
rib33024

More than likely it's your alignment towed in to far. Measure the front and the back of your front tires and see what the tow is set at. Look at the pic. The adjustment writing is for a marathon NOT your RXV.

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:03 PM   #8
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Those are not the standard stock Carlisle tires... at 22psi, they’re gonna have a considerably smaller contact patch than the Carlisle... The sides of the tread of those tires will likely not make any contact at all... at least very little... the wear on those tires occurred when they were severely under inflated ... wear on the inside... towed out too far... wear on the outside... towed in too far.
But you’re gonna have to drive those tires a lot further with the proper inflation pressure before you can determine a wear pattern... it’ll probably take years

There’s no way to wear one on the inside and one on the outside without a severe camber issue which you do not have.

If those are the standard Carlisle tires... best check your air gauge cuz you’ll be needing a new one
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:07 PM   #9
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Actually... it appears to me that someone has been racing that cart on a small oval track or at least spending WAY too much time making hard left turns
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #10
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The cart's controller has been tweaked and zips along some curvy streets at 27 MPH which could be the cause. The tires are Kenda Hole-In-One, standard size. I did find them under inflated at one point. Had a leak in one and plugged it. Could be a combination of that and a toe issue. If I were to keep them I'd switch them to the rear and monitor the front. But, these are going to be spares or giving to a buddy when I replace.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO