lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay


Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
Gone Wild
 
tonyton's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,120
Default Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

There are some dealers that have also been misinformed and pass on BS. Or, won't admit they don't know and tell you "what you want to hear".
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #12
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ozona, FL
Posts: 1
Default Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

New member here. I just bought a new 2008 Star 48v street legal golf cart for $2300. Not bad. You can see that it's more cheaply made but my wife and I are only looking for a cart to putz around in on paved streets. The kids can drive/destroy the 1990 EZgo. So for the money, it's an ok deal.
korlreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 8
Default Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

Thanks for the info Dougmcp. You are right messing with the controler is a bit over my head. But I like to gather information, thanks for the web sites. To the rest thanks for the input.

I just talked to a friend that works with EZGo, he said that they do all the welding, stamping and assembly in the plant in GA. Some of the smaller parts are subed out to other venders. But they have serious quality control standards, an outside venders parts control and a final product control. They also use an advanced assembly line system that monitors every part of the process. That explains a bit of the cost difference between the two carts. And why EZGo is one of the Top carts on the market, sales and quality.
AirBorneArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #14
Not your usual outlaw
 
essness's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Near Lake Geneva, WI
Posts: 19,919
Default Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

Folks all things marketed in the U.S. by U.S. companies are not 100% made in the U.S.
Look at the stampings in your tail lights on your Ford, GM, and Dodge products. Look at the labels on the components under under the hood and the dash. Look at your clothes. Look at your computer........etc. It's a global economy!
My company sells imported and domestically produced products to electronic manufacturing both domestically and overseas. We are increasingly pressured for cost reductions by the domestic companies who could care less about the country of origin as long as we can certify the quality.
This is NOT an uncommon practice in the domestic manufacturing sector. The call to be competative exceeds the loyalty to domestically manufactured product.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #15
Gone Wild
 
dirtysouth's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: P-COLA
Posts: 1,176
Smile Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Folks all things marketed in the U.S. by U.S. companies are not 100% made in the U.S.
Look at the stampings in your tail lights on your Ford, GM, and Dodge products. Look at the labels on the components under under the hood and the dash. Look at your clothes. Look at your computer........etc. It's a global economy!
My company sells imported and domestically produced products to electronic manufacturing both domestically and overseas. We are increasingly pressured for cost reductions by the domestic companies who could care less about the country of origin as long as we can certify the quality.
This is NOT an uncommon practice in the domestic manufacturing sector. The call to be competative exceeds the loyalty to domestically manufactured product.
Don't care... I ain't doin' it!!! I make my own clothes and shoes...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #16
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: waldo,wisconsin
Posts: 5,401
Default Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
Don't care... I ain't doin' it!!! I make my own clothes and shoes...
dirty the cobbler
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:12 AM   #17
Gone Wild
 
dirtysouth's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: P-COLA
Posts: 1,176
Smile Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzamaker View Post
dirty the cobbler
I got it goin' on...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 160
Default Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty4life View Post
http://www.shingoprize.org/files/upl...OAugustaGA.pdf

This is the site I found this info. Look at page two.
Superduty, you are only partly correct. E-Z-GO makes 30% of their parts in their Augusta factory, that much is correct. Most of the remaining 70% are made in the good ole USA: you know like Trojan Batteries, Dana rear ends, Curtis controllers, etc, etc.
TDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #19
Gone Wild
 
dougmcp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 2,757
Default Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDOG View Post
Superduty, you are only partly correct. E-Z-GO makes 30% of their parts in their Augusta factory, that much is correct. Most of the remaining 70% are made in the good ole USA: you know like Trojan Batteries, Dana rear ends, Curtis controllers, etc, etc.
This is truly a global manufacturing world and trying to ascertain where parts are manufactured is nearly impossible for the layman. Not sure where you are getting your info about what parts of the 70% come from the US.
This is from the EZGO report:
Quote:
E-Z-GO fabricates 30% of production parts and purchases the remainder from vendors throughout the world.
Also Curtis does not manufacture in the US, from their website:
Quote:
Curtis operates three flagship manufacturing plants, serving the world market from Puerto Rico, Bulgaria and China.
Dana Corp, although recovering from bankruptcy has 11 axle plants in the US and 16 axle plants in Asia, Europe and South America. From their finacial report:
Quote:
As of December 31, 2008, we operated in 26 countries and had 113 major manufacturing/ distribution,
engineering or office facilities worldwide.
Stamped parts are stamped parts, axles are axles, in reality the only thing separating EZGO from a manufacturer like Star is that EZGO's specifications and quality control may be superior to knock off carts from China.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #20
Not your usual outlaw
 
essness's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Near Lake Geneva, WI
Posts: 19,919
Default Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

My 1997 Workhorse says "Made in Japan" right on top of the transaxel
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Star Golf Carts, whats the word on them ? Star and Fairplay
Star golf cart Electric golf carts
Golf Cart Parts for Sale on Ebay Golf Carts and Parts
Golf cart parts. Several brands. Golf Cart Parts
Making old golf cart parts look NEW ! Gas Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.