Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Identify my cart please? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=60518)

findango 02-22-2012 04:03 PM

Identify my cart please?

5 Attachment(s)
I was told this was an EZ Go.

36V GE motor 5BC48JB799 2.5HP, 3300 RPM, series 48.

There is no ID plate but on the right frame rail under the passenger seat is 6061297 stamped.

What I see resembles a Marathon but no idea.

After your don laughing at my Beverly Hillbilly's truck :lhmo: let me know you thoughts. I saw it and had have it! LOL. :help:

pachanga90 02-22-2012 04:19 PM

Re: Identify my cart please?

Definitely a Marathon,The tag is usually on the right-hand side in the center of the dash on the side-panel below the dash.:thumbup:

Sinecure 02-22-2012 04:23 PM

Yeah, definitely a marathon. Does this thing have a drive shaft after the motor? Usually the motors are bolted directly on to the differential. It doesn't look like the wheelbase was lengthened, but it's odd to see the motor under the seat mounted like that. Where's the controller?

findango 02-22-2012 04:32 PM

Motor is bolted to diff. No idea where to look for a controller. Has 1 solenoid.

Now to try to determine the year?

Thanks for the FAST help all

findango 02-22-2012 04:33 PM

The bolts are there for the tag but removed, for probably the usual reasons. This was purchased via auction so feel pretty good about it not being stolen.

findango 02-22-2012 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe this shot might help.

JcXtreme72 02-22-2012 04:50 PM

I love it top to bottom front to back. You will never get into the wrong cart thinking it's yours that's for sure.

98kicker 02-22-2012 04:53 PM

Heck id like to know the year never seen a motor mounted like that

findango 02-22-2012 06:28 PM

I thought the mount made good transfer sense.

She is a drinking man's ride you know where you belong!
If I am in the wrong cart, just lock me up.

JohnnieB 02-23-2012 06:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Can't help you with the year, but you've got a "Resistor" cart. (Call E-Z-GO customer service, they might be able to ID it)
Here's a diagram of the high current layout and a picture of a similar layout from the backside. (Pic is a '76 three wheeler and motor is different, but layout same)
Manuals for an "X-444" will probably match up pretty well.:mrgreen:

Added Schematic so you can see how it works. :mrgreen:
Resistors are in series with motor and Accelerator switches to fewer and fewer resistor coils until Battery pack is connected directly across motor.