Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lifted Golf Carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Help me know which cart platform is best to lift (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=54515)

SEHunter 09-17-2011 05:28 PM

Help me know which cart platform is best to lift

Hey Guys. Im new to golf carts but am in the market for my first. My father recently had a local cart shop fix him up a cart that he uses for yard/farm work and i got hooked on it. Its a club car brand. I want an electric cart lifted up to 6" with good torque for pulling but not a very slow one either.

I searched for "platform" and didnt find what i was looking for but i know there are types of carts better for being modified and utility use and part of it is what type of f/r switch it has? Will someone please break this down for me and define the terms, ex. pds, series, etc.. Are these terms brand specific, or general for all brands?

I will have the guy install what he calls a "beast package" that includes a stronger motor (11hp) and controller and such. Does the stock platform matter after doing that? Thanks for any information.

scottyb 09-17-2011 05:34 PM

Re: Help me know which cart platform is best to lift

Find a Series cart for off road use, doesn't matter if if it is Club Car or Ezgo

SEHunter 09-17-2011 07:07 PM

How can i know if it is a "series" cart?

If i have an aftermarket motor and controller instsalled, will that make it not matter if its a series cart to start with? What is it that makesthe series cart prefered over others?

thanks

Kidder 09-18-2011 11:18 AM

Series carts will have a f&r lever instead of a toggle. The regen carts tend to get hot when the extra weight of larger tires are added.

SEHunter 09-18-2011 02:29 PM

which part is "regen"? the motor, controller, f/r switch?

Im upgradeing the motor and controller and need to find out if matters if the cart i buy is initially regen.

Kidder 09-18-2011 09:55 PM

The motor, controller and fnr switch are different. Start with a series it will be cheaper in the long run.

SEHunter 09-20-2011 06:04 PM

thank you. if i understand it right, the bad boy and several of the other factory made hunting carts have the regen/sepex system. if that system gets hot at low speeds, that makes no sence to me since you do more creeping than anything while hunting? maybe i just dont get it.

SEHunter 09-28-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidder (Post 623750)
The motor, controller and fnr switch are different. Start with a series it will be cheaper in the long run.

does that mean that an aftermarket series motor and controller will not work in a regen cart unless the fnr switch is changed too?

D0Z3R 10-05-2011 03:55 PM

So I have a stock 2005 series EZGO.

Do you guys think it would be ok for me to put a lift kit on it with larger tires and keep everything stock for now?

If I do this what should I expect from the performance?

sho305 10-11-2011 07:24 PM

Sure you can leave it stock. Some put larger cables on and that is it with a lift, depends on the cart what improvement that gives. Larger tires gear more so you get more speed, but you lose power.