Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lifted Golf Carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   hyundai build / hyundai owners? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=75900)

kartn86 02-10-2013 02:56 PM

hyundai build / hyundai owners?

has anyone here built a hyundai cart. or know someone who has?
i have a few questions before i get into mine. any help would be great! thanks
im looking for lift advise.
are the belts that hard to find? ive looked up the belt. and found the same exact part number hyundai belt. but the sizes dont match up?
and the clutch, i have a 20 hp vanguard. im told i can get an adapter and reuse the stock clutch? if i had to buy an afyermarket clutch would i be able to find one? and people say the hyundai is simular to the yamaha. how close are they? if anyone has any experience or has even owned a hyundai and had to get parts... any hekp would be great!

or is the hyundai a bad idea... should i get somthing else instead?

ken irwin 04-10-2013 08:22 PM

Re: hyundai build / hyundai owners?

Hi there, I have a 91 hyundai and redid it from the frame up.. I know where to get the suzuki engine parts and from what I hear the yamaha G2 and G9 chasis is close

gsxr_kid 06-10-2013 04:40 AM

well where do you get the Suzuki engine parts

bdooners1 02-17-2014 08:11 PM

I have a 91' hyundai gas cart and my forward clutch needs replacing. The Yamaha clutch looks the same except it has a cast aluminum generator pulley attached to it which is too large .It hits the engine block and the forward cross member. The Hyundai clutch has a 3 bolt detachable pulley that is 6" across.
Do you have a source for this clutch? Thanks, Les/ Louisburg,N.C.:?

kartn86 04-29-2014 11:16 AM

bdooners1 - I just striped down the motor yesterday, I have everything except the block ( which had a hole in it ) and the guts I left in it . the yamaha clutch and Hyundai clutch's are different, the Hyundai uses a 7/8 belt . were the Yamaha requires a 1 3/16 I believe ? if your still looking for the primary clutch or any other parts let me know, I have all the electrical parts / wires . everything intact, nothings cut . primary clutch , exhaust, valve cover , oil dip stick , coil pack , carb , pretty much everything except the air box and the generator. also have both the stock belts .

94mustang66 05-30-2014 06:11 PM

How much for the Hyundai primary clutch?

94mustang66 05-31-2014 03:44 PM

How much are you asking for the Hyundai primary clutch?

kartn86 06-04-2014 10:16 PM

hows 75 + freight? were ya located, ill find out the cost to ship it.