Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   cart just stopped (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=6786)

justme 07-26-2008 04:48 PM

cart just stopped

ok we have a 96 yamaha g16 , we just changed the controll box thingy and it ran , then it all of a sudden stopped , now jacked it up and sometimes when you press the pedal it goes but you pretty much have to press it to the floor .What could be my problem , What can I check?

scottyb 07-26-2008 04:55 PM

Re: cart just stopped

At first it ran fine? Going slow and fast when asked? Then it quit? How far or long did it run? And lastly what made you change the controller box thingy?

justme 07-26-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 82113)
At first it ran fine? Going slow and fast when asked? Then it quit? How far or long did it run? And lastly what made you change the controller box thingy?

Yes it ran fine , it feels like the pedal doesnt catch all the time. ran for about 10 minutes but it strill runs but better in reverse then in foward . The reason we changed the box thingy is because it wasnt doing anything and when i jumped off the box the motor ran .kinda hard to explain sorry .

scottyb 07-26-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justme (Post 82114)
Yes it ran fine , it feels like the pedal doesnt catch all the time. ran for about 10 minutes but it strill runs but better in reverse then in foward . The reason we changed the box thingy is because it wasnt doing anything and when i jumped off the box the motor ran .kinda hard to explain sorry .

PLease try to explain the highlighted thingy you wrote! LOL

justme 07-26-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 82116)
PLease try to explain the highlighted thingy you wrote! LOL

ok we got it from a guy and he said it was running then just stopped , his wife said it went in foward but not reverse . but when we got it it wouldnt do anything exept for clicking when you turn the key , checked all connections and made sure batteries were charged . then soemone told me to jump the box thingy and if the cart motor ran then the box was bad so we changed it and the cart ran .

scottyb 07-26-2008 05:55 PM

okay. Are you sure you got the correct controller to match your cart? Now many volts is the battery pack holding?

justme 07-26-2008 06:53 PM

its running again .. it just goes fast like it only has one speed.

justme 07-26-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justme (Post 82128)
its running again .. it just goes fast like it only has one speed.

oh and 36 volts from the batteries.

scottyb 07-26-2008 08:37 PM

Justme, you got me stumped on this. I'm not familiar with the Yamaha Throttle system. But it has to be electronic and matched with your controller. Your cart seems to be very intermittent. Running slow one post, then nothing, and fast the next post !!? It sounds like a speed controller whatever type yamaha may use? Some one will come along who can help. Just be patient..... 8)

silverdude 02-26-2009 08:18 PM

accelerator switch might be bad or broken