Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   97 Ezgo Motor runs but will not move (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=17218)

ram101a 05-23-2009 02:33 PM

97 Ezgo Motor runs but will not move

Hi all,

I have a '97 Ezgo that just stopped going today! My son was putting around the yard and it just stopped moving. It had done this once before and cooled down and started running again but, this time it won't go!
The motor runs but the belt will not engage to turn the wheels. I am not up on all the names of the parts but if it is a simple or relitively simple fix I will give it a try. Otherwise I might be off to the rapair man!! :lhmo:
I have tried forward and reverse and still the same problem also let it sit for a few hours to cool. I checked all the wires and cables for breaks. I tried searching for a simular problem but the ones I found did not seem to fit! Any ideas would be great thanks in advance!

ruredy 05-23-2009 02:37 PM

Re: 97 Ezgo Motor runs but will not move

does the engine run and rev up, or is it just being turned over by the starter?

ram101a 05-23-2009 02:43 PM

Wow that was quick!! :wink:

I just lifted the back end up to see if it would turn the wheels and after doing this I think it is just the srarter turning it over and not the motor runining. When I pressthe gas everything turns except the wheels. I pulled the fuel filter and after putting back on it does not seem to pull gas from the tank into the filter.

ruredy 05-23-2009 02:52 PM

Does it have gas in it? :shock:

ram101a 05-23-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruredy (Post 204402)
Does it have gas in it? :shock:

:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

Yes 1/2 tank. I updated my last post to say that the fuel filter does not seem to be pulling gas into it. I had pulled it to check the lines for blockages and when I put it back on it will not suck gas!

ruredy 05-23-2009 02:57 PM

look in the tank and see if the pick up tube has come off... happens some times... :dontknow:

ram101a 05-23-2009 03:02 PM

OK. I pulled all the hoses from the tank and I do not know its name but it is on the wall with three hoses on it. one left that goes to the carb one right that goes to gas tank and a bottom one that not sure where it goes. I pulled them all off, if the left one is pulled off and I try to run it it spits gas and pulls it through the fuel filter. If I put it back on it stops. Does this mean the carb is clogged or bad maybe? The bottom one has good suction.

ruredy 05-23-2009 03:14 PM

If it was running right before this then the carb probably good, maybe it's just filled with gas and the float has shut off incoming gas.
You need to check and see if you have spark to the plugs, coils will heat up and quit working sometimes when they start going bad

ram101a 05-23-2009 03:16 PM

Good spark on the plugs. Just pulled both of them!

ruredy 05-23-2009 03:20 PM

might try tapping on the carb with something, if the float valve is sticking it may open up.
Have you ever adjusted the valves?