Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   yamaha gaz drive 2 efi (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=181340)

lladouce16 12-15-2021 03:44 PM

yamaha gaz drive 2 efi

I just bought a Yamaha Drive2 Quiet Tech EFI.
I notice a small oil leak, coming from under the passenger seat near the back wheel. It just drip a little and only after using the cart for a good ride. I call the dealership and they told me that it was normal and oil was probably coming from an overflow hose. Funny but my friend also bought same cart and there is no oil leak. I got insistant with the dealership and they will finally look at it, in 3 weeks. In the meantime they told me it is safe to use it, it is under warranty etc.
But should I use it. Anyone had same problem? Advice?

N-M-W 12-15-2021 07:40 PM

Re: yamaha gaz drive 2 efi

I think I remember someone else here with the same problem.
If I remember correctly, it was a overflow hose for the rear end fluid?
Might have been a little overfilled and yes it’s safe to drive

Heck yea use it. You have a 4 year warranty

snrbss 12-25-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lladouce16 (Post 1866722)
I just bought a Yamaha Drive2 Quiet Tech EFI.
I notice a small oil leak, coming from under the passenger seat near the back wheel. It just drip a little and only after using the cart for a good ride. I call the dealership and they told me that it was normal and oil was probably coming from an overflow hose. Funny but my friend also bought same cart and there is no oil leak. I got insistant with the dealership and they will finally look at it, in 3 weeks. In the meantime they told me it is safe to use it, it is under warranty etc.
But should I use it. Anyone had same problem? Advice?

My two month old 2022 drive 2 does this. It’s been to the dealer three times and the Yamaha regional service tech looked at it last time. They basically told me nothing was wrong. Fluid continues to come out of my transaxle vent hose every time I drive it over about 2 miles. Let me know if your dealer finds anything cause I’m annoyed every time I drive to wipe off the back of the engine fan after I paid 12k for a golf cart.

Sideways 12-25-2021 07:14 PM

Following, as I am in the market for a new EFI Drive2 Quiet Tech

WheelerLake 12-26-2021 11:42 AM

Mine did the same thing. It is overflow from the rear differential from the fluid heating up and expanding. The tube comes out on top the differential and runs along the sides to the ground when the oil heats up. It must have been overfilled at factory and should stop eventually with use.

lladouce16 02-08-2022 04:55 PM

got my cart checked. They say same thing, leak coming from a overflow hose. They also say it is normal (hard to believe !)and that it should stop eventually, yeah sure!.
Now 4 weeks later, it still leak. I call the Yamaha cie direct, they don't want to talk to me and they redirect me to the dealer! Wow I am impressed. The cart run great etc.. but a new cart, ( or any new car for the matter) should never leak oil.
If anyone got a an answer or correction for this problem, I will be happy to hear.