Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Robin engine question (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=60266)

petewilliams 02-16-2012 08:14 AM

Robin engine question

I have a model eh2c robin and I can't seem to get any fuel. I have pulled the pump apart cleaned it and now I have the carb on the bench. My question is could it be a vacuum problem from the engine or do I clean the hell out of the carb? I don't do to much work on these engines so any help would be great

Thanks
Pete

petewilliams 02-16-2012 09:06 AM

Re: Robin engine question

Ya and I should have checked this first but NO COMPRESSION :thumbup:

racin161 02-16-2012 09:20 AM

OPPS PETE sorry about that. Well guess it's time at least for an upper end kit. Keep us posted OH and by all means CHANGE THE CRANK SEALS while you have it out K.

LOU

petewilliams 02-16-2012 10:00 AM

Nope just a timing belt. :lol: Whats the procedure for installing a new timing belt?

scottyb 02-16-2012 10:17 AM

Pull the clutch. It may be easier to pull the motor and do this on the bench. Or jack the motor up to get frame clearance to operate the puller. You will see once you get the puller in hand. Most likely you need to get an impact on the puller.
Once the clutch is off, remove timing belt cover & replace belt while timing marks are lined up as shown in the service manual. (this info in the stickies)
Adjust the belt tension & replace the cover. Re install the clutch & adjust the valves .

petewilliams 02-16-2012 10:59 AM

Thanks for all the help.

scottyb 02-16-2012 11:01 AM

NO problem :mrgreen:

We like to help!

petewilliams 02-27-2012 09:18 AM

Ok so I replaced the timing belt and still no good. I did another compression test and no compression. Looked inside cylinder and one piston moves bot the one near the clutch side of engine stuck. I thought I had a engine manual on the shelf but no luck can anyone give me some info. thanks again :help:

Doc's BoneCracker 03-01-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petewilliams (Post 693576)
Ok so I replaced the timing belt and still no good. I did another compression test and no compression. Looked inside cylinder and one piston moves bot the one near the clutch side of engine stuck. I thought I had a engine manual on the shelf but no luck can anyone give me some info. thanks again :help:

Look in the tech section there's all the manuals you will ever need.:thumbup: