Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=166177)

clubcarman1 07-06-2020 08:30 PM

1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch
 
Recently purchased a 1995 clubcar ds 48 Volt. Having issues with power cutting in and out and have narrowed it down to the forward/ reverse switch. My question is I want to get a heavy duty one but I just canít figure out exactly which one I would need for a 1995 48V. Almost every description describes a 1995 but then in the item Specs it says 96-and up. Are they the same?
Any info would be great!
Thanks again

Eventually I would like to lift it, bigger tires and do some upgrades so thatís the thought behind getting a heavy duty f/r switch.

clubcarman1 07-06-2020 08:59 PM

Re: 1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch
 
Also I guess part of the problem could be with the pot box. Iím not to familiar with it but can say the cart is a late model 1995 (A9546) and to be honest would be interested in replacing that part as well as this cart has had a rough life outside and it just canít hurt. If someone could steer me in the right direction for the correct part number for this pot box as well that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again

simicrintz 07-06-2020 09:25 PM

Re: 1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch
 
I am not smart enough (yet!) to offer much advice, but that may not be the right switch based on upgrades that you may do later. I am converting my '86 DS to SS and bought a HD F&R switch, only to learn that it is not what I need for the conversion. I now have a F&R switch AND the correct set up for the transformation.

I am sure that someone smarter than me will be along to offer better advice, but you may want to think through the upgrades-and how soon you may be doing them-before you spend the money on a switch that you don't need like I did!

Mooncarter 07-06-2020 09:32 PM

Re: 1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clubcarman1 (Post 1737714)
Also I guess part of the problem could be with the pot box. Iím not to familiar with it but can say the cart is a late model 1995 (A9546) and to be honest would be interested in replacing that part as well as this cart has had a rough life outside and it just canít hurt. If someone could steer me in the right direction for the correct part number for this pot box as well that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again

That is more likely the problem than the FNR. Contact Dave at "Revolution Golf Cars" Just click on "Site Sponsors." You will have to upgrade to an MCOR 4.

That part is obsolete and no longer available.

clubcarman1 07-06-2020 10:29 PM

Re: 1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch
 
I will be looking into the upgrade soon, I believe Dave is on vacation. For the time being the forward reverse switch currently on it is in pretty bad shape. Contacts looked burnt and crack in the plastic so I believe replacing should be in order. Just canít seem to figure out which f/w switch would my part for a late model 1995 and if it should be HD or not

Mooncarter 07-07-2020 04:39 AM

Re: 1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clubcarman1 (Post 1737736)
I will be looking into the upgrade soon, I believe Dave is on vacation. For the time being the forward reverse switch currently on it is in pretty bad shape. Contacts looked burnt and crack in the plastic so I believe replacing should be in order. Just canít seem to figure out which f/w switch would my part for a late model 1995 and if it should be HD or not

Well you left that part out in your first post.

clubcarman1 07-07-2020 06:46 AM

Re: 1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch
 
Yeah i guess that would have been smart to mention as well, the crack doesnít look like it would affect anything but at the same time the mcor upgrade and a new switch would definitely be the route Iím trying to take.

clubcarman1 07-08-2020 08:27 PM

Re: 1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch
 
Sorry to bother everyone again, just really looking for any info on this f/r switch for a 1995.5 club car. Just canít seem to find which one I should need..
Thanks again!
All the help on this site is amazing

Mooncarter 07-09-2020 01:24 AM

Re: 1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clubcarman1 (Post 1738437)
Sorry to bother everyone again, just really looking for any info on this f/r switch for a 1995.5 club car. Just canít seem to find which one I should need..
Thanks again!
All the help on this site is amazing

Clubcarman. Look at the FNR you have. Look at the FNR you need to buy. Buy that FNR. There are vendors who will not totally specify for that era because there were early Regen Ones at that time and even they can be confused (see it all the time in year and sometimes month or week specific manufacture dates) and they are the ones selling the parts.

Look at what you have, compare that and buy that if you can't contact Dave. But I'm sure you can still buy from him. I doubt any FNR from that era cannot be used on your cart.

Spoolx 07-09-2020 05:19 AM

Re: 1995 Clubcar DS forward/ reverse switch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clubcarman1 (Post 1738437)
Sorry to bother everyone again, just really looking for any info on this f/r switch for a 1995.5 club car. Just canít seem to find which one I should need..
Thanks again!
All the help on this site is amazing

There are manuals in the sticky. Find your manual and then find the part number and google it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.