Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2014 RXV dead after sitting over the winter (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=175662)

wsettle 05-06-2021 05:06 PM

2014 RXV dead after sitting over the winter

I put the RXV in the shed at the end of last winter, topped off the water in the batteries and charged it up then unhooked the charger and let it sit. Went to get it out about a month ago and it won't move.

Symptoms as follows:

- After charging and sitting overnight, pack voltage is 50.9V which is about .2 V less than last year's resting voltage.
- Turn key switch to rev and no buzzer. However, I hear a microsecond noise from the buzzer that is very faint. I have to let it sit a while with the key off to hear it again when I flip the key switch.
- Pulled brake and accelerator pedals up to see if they are causing issues but no change
- Swapped plug under access cover where run/tow switch is and brake will disengage and let me push it around. Plug it back correct and it locks up as expected.
- Charge receptacle is sloppy so jumped reed switch plug to pack voltage and no change.

One thing to note, the cart sat on a slight incline and I did not unhook the battery over the winter. However, the incline is slight and once I disengaged the brake, it rolled about 1" and came to rest so the brake was engaged the entire winter. Unfortunately, I did not check the pack voltage when I first went to it. I just plugged it into the charger knowing it needed charging.

Any idea on what to check next?

I recall that there was a checklist somewhere that would be useful to test things but I can't find it.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I bought this cart used last year for my 93 yo mom to tool around the property and she keeps telling me she misses it. So I am motivated :wink:

Threeput 05-06-2021 05:57 PM

Re: 2014 RXV dead after sitting over the winter

Put voltmeter across battery and leave it there...put key in...turn to "N"..wait couple secs...then turn to F or R....see what the voltage is when you press the pedal....this is to rule out low battery

wsettle 05-06-2021 09:29 PM

It stayed around 50.8-50.9 when I tried what you suggested. However, I found the problem once I started checking voltages. There are two fuses under the wiring cover where the tow/run switch is. One of the fuses (7.5A) was corroded on one leg and causing high resistance. Scraped out what I could from the socket and replace the fuse and it's running again. Whoo Hoo!

Is there a wiring diagram for a 2014 RXV somewhere online? I checked the stickies for this forum and didn't see a match.

Thanks!

mccainc 05-06-2021 09:36 PM

It’s in the service manual. I’m pretty you can find it online with some dedicated googling. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9609ba7748.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsettle 05-06-2021 10:08 PM

Thanks!

cgtech 05-06-2021 11:15 PM

Also, try it on flat ground, no incline. You have tried & checked so much stuff, I gotta give you credit, you have done your homework. Dang (sorry I referred to a water retention device in a stupid way) something-something hopefully not too offensive golf carts. Yep, keep it ready for sunday. Unfortunately, their wiring harnesses are known to have corrosion issues, and it often results in a whole "curtis controller conversion, with a new harness", and that can bring it's own new set of problems, like new controller doesnt like old motor temp sensor, then it's new motor too. Yep, it's getting pretty ridiculous to do it now days. I'm just as pissed as you are.

wsettle 05-07-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgtech (Post 1823812)
Also, try it on flat ground, no incline. You have tried & checked so much stuff, I gotta give you credit, you have done your homework. Dang (sorry I referred to a water retention device in a stupid way) something-something hopefully not too offensive golf carts. Yep, keep it ready for sunday. Unfortunately, their wiring harnesses are known to have corrosion issues, and it often results in a whole "curtis controller conversion, with a new harness", and that can bring it's own new set of problems, like new controller doesnt like old motor temp sensor, then it's new motor too. Yep, it's getting pretty ridiculous to do it now days. I'm just as pissed as you are.

cgtech, I assume this is a response to another thread.

wsettle 05-09-2021 12:06 PM

Looking for fuse holder cap

1 Attachment(s)
I can not find the part called out in the parts manual but wondering if anyone knows if the fuse holder cap is something I can get separately and where to get it?

Is there a part # for it?

Attachment 219706

cgtech 05-09-2021 10:40 PM

Re: Looking for fuse holder cap

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsettle (Post 1824230)
I can not find the part called out in the parts manual but wondering if anyone knows if the fuse holder cap is something I can get separately and where to get it?

Is there a part # for it?

Attachment 219706

PM me your address, I'll send you a "good used" fuse holder & cap. (And if you tell me the colors of the wires, I'll send you a wire colors matching one)