Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Reed Switch Bypass (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=777)

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 05-19-2007 03:36 PM

Reed Switch Bypass

How do you bypass the reed switch on a 1997 EZGO electric with run/tow switch. Which wires do you cross up?

BIGDAWG69 05-19-2007 10:09 PM

Connect the small red wire from the reed switch to the white wire that goes out of the charger receptacle and plugs into the red wire on the F/R microswitch.

gornoman 05-19-2007 10:38 PM

Reed Switch

!!!DISCONNECT MAIN PACK CABLES WHILE WORKING!!!

In this photo disconnect the red wire from the A(+pos) connection of the cart charger receptacle. Cut the thin white Reed switch wire as close to the Reed switch itself as you can. Discard Reed switch. Install an eyelet on the newly cut white wire and attach it to the A(+pos) connection of the cart charger receptacle (where the thin red wire used to be). Your Reed switch is now bypassed.

Be sure to unplug the charger from the cart before driving away!

Oh and if your charger receptacle looks this dirty, CLEAN IT!

rivahpirate 09-29-2011 06:51 PM

Re: Reed Switch Bypass

I understand how to do this but is there any consequence to the cart..... I have a 2001 pds electric cart.....Id appreciate some feed back.

sonicj 09-29-2011 06:57 PM

only if you drive off with the charger still attached.
-sj

larry1961 09-29-2011 07:00 PM

what is a reed switch?

simple man 09-29-2011 07:08 PM

" Gorno ", you forgot the photo! :mrgreen:

sonicj 09-29-2011 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by larry1961 (Post 628748)
what is a reed switch?

a magnetic switch. pass a magnet by the switch and it closes, remove the magnet and it opens. (or vice versa)
-sj

gornoman 09-29-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simple man (Post 628753)
" Gorno ", you forgot the photo! :mrgreen:

That post is over 4 years old and the pic is no longer available online. I might have it in my CD archives if anyone actually needs it.

rivahpirate 09-29-2011 09:54 PM

thank you for letting me know so quickly, I live in a small gated community and I repair carts for the retired folks. They honestly cant afford to get a broken cart picked up and repaired, so I have been fixing them for the last 10 years. This was my first ez-go pds cart. I learned a lot today...and from trying to troubleshoot the cart by using the manual. It leaves out some critical information...I even called ez-go and they didnt know what "referenced voltage" ment in thier trouble shooting guide. I just wanted to make sure nothing bad would happen if I bypassed the reed switch.