Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Little disappointed with the forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=184475)

noserider 05-26-2022 01:21 PM

Little disappointed with the forum

I recently asked for some help troubleshooting my neighbor's cart that would not move. There were a couple of people who tried to help. So, thanks to those that did. When I joined this forum many years ago, you could ask questions and the experienced guys would jump in. It doesn't seem to be that way anymore. That is kind of sad. Forums like these are such a good tool for those of us that are inexperienced to learn how to fix our carts and not go to a dealer. And when those of us who learn to give back by sharing what we have learned. That's the cycle. What happened to the spirit of helping? Maybe I'm wrong but it sure seems that way. I reviewed some recent post and saw many that went completely unanswered. I realize none of us has an obligation to help but that's what make these forums so great. Sorry for the rant.

scottyb 05-26-2022 01:33 PM

Re: Little disappointed with the forum

It's true the forum has changed over the 15 years I've been on. Particularly if you were posting in the CC section. A couple of the big contributors there have stopped contributing.
Forum burnout and turnover is a natural progression. Old members move on and are replaced by the new members. Unfortunately new people are having trouble registering now.

noserider 05-26-2022 02:08 PM

Hello Scotty. Yes, I get the forum burnout. You and many others have given so much to this forum so thank you. Yes, I was referring to the CC section. That's the only section I have followed. I still see many people answering questions but it's not like the old days. I'm in Houston and being on this forum has been great for me over the years. I have fixed everything myself with the help I received here. Heck I even had David build me a limo cart and ship it to Houston. Great job by David as you would expect. My hope is that this will be a reminder for forum members to step up and help when they have info to share. Any maybe some of the old members who reached burn out to reengage. Thanks for the reply, Scotty.

CP241 05-26-2022 03:02 PM

Not trying to be defensive or anything, but regardless of the forum or communication type, vague questions with little information typically get vague to no response.

And sometimes no response is better than wrong responses that just lead you the wrong direction. Careful what you ask for…

noserider 05-26-2022 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP241 (Post 1891326)
Not trying to be defensive or anything, but regardless of the forum or communication type, vague questions with little information typically get vague to no response.

And sometimes no response is better than wrong responses that just lead you the wrong direction. Careful what you ask for…

Well that's an accurate statement. Just not the case this time.

scottyb 05-26-2022 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP241 (Post 1891326)

You could reply asking for more or specific information - so yeah that answer kind of comes off as an excuse.

1sharphook 05-26-2022 03:45 PM

I thought about helping him but he seemed a bit hypocritical calling folks out for not helping...and yet I could not find one example in the past two years where he actually helped someone.

I then decided to google search this website for DS does not move and got 531 hits.

Perhaps members get burned out from folks asking the same question over and over and over. It's not that difficult to learn how to search a site.

noserider 05-26-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sharphook (Post 1891331)
I thought about helping him but he seemed a bit hypocritical calling folks out for not helping...and yet I could not find one example in the past two years where he actually helped someone.

I then decided to google search this website for DS does not move and got 531 hits.

Perhaps members get burned out from folks asking the same question over and over and over. It's not that difficult to learn how to search a site.

You thought about helping me?? :lhmo::lhmo: You would be right about me not helping others out for a couple years. One reason is I have not been on this forum in a couple years or at least not very much at all. I'll admit I'm not too much of an expert to give out advise but when I see a post I feel like I can offer help I do. I always do a search first to find answers. You may have found lots of hits on your search but they don't always give you the answer you need. I'm sure this subject will not be taken well by some. That's fine.

Nicko773 05-26-2022 09:34 PM

Semi Toxic.. That's why alot of people don't respond. There are many knowledgeable people here but don't want to respond because of the key board know it all's. Me personally. I could give two sh--s ..
I Tig weld aluminum all week, and do cart electrical work. I don't watch all week because of scheduling jobs. You give an opinion here, be ready for the know it all's to lash out.. There are people on here like Scotty, Fairtax who are super smart and others who give there time to help someone. Respect that. TD too. Won't let Dave off the hook. This is a great place, just needs to be understood that not everyone knows their cart backwards and is totally mechanically inclined.

Volt_Ampere 05-26-2022 09:56 PM

I prefer that folks refrain from posting suggestions to fix problems unless they have some knowledge about the problem at hand. I try to help when I think I know the answer to a technical question. Free advice can be misleading. Many cart shops use the "replace parts until fixed" method of repair. I find this forum to be very helpful even though I know my particular carts inside out.