Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G1 owners club-post here (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=74932)

nwarren9 02-01-2013 01:04 PM

Re: Yamaha G1 owners club-post here

One thing I tryed was a old school bus seat they can found very cheap at a junk yard. . took them off last year because the cousins on the seat were just to thin. However planing on having them recousined.

mrtbone49 02-01-2013 01:39 PM

Use the boat seats from cabelas or wal mart 40$ ...cant go wrong...

MoosinAround 02-02-2013 07:56 AM

I have an 80 G1 gasser, anybody know if the '83-'89 G1 service manual would do me any good? Can get a cd for $11 on fleabay. I cant find anything but the high $ print copy for my year. Thanks

gray horse 02-02-2013 08:38 AM

Check the stickies at the top of this section. There is a link to a site where you can look at and print out the manuals.

MoosinAround 02-02-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gray horse (Post 834204)
Check the stickies at the top of this section. There is a link to a site where you can look at and print out the manuals.

Checked there already, only thing available for my year is to order the print version. Not currently having any issues but would really like to have one on hand, especially for the electrical stuff. Everything appears to be original so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before something dies, lol! :occasion5:

gray horse 02-03-2013 06:56 AM

Yah, manuals are invaluable items, especially the service and parts manuals. I would think that someone has your manuals on PDF or disc.

rkuchmak 02-03-2013 07:04 AM

I got the service cd of ebay for $11 and it tells all you need to know:thumbup:

MoosinAround 02-03-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkuchmak (Post 834463)
I got the service cd of ebay for $11 and it tells all you need to know:thumbup:

That's the one I saw covers 83-89 and back to my original question will this help at all with an 80? Really just concerned with the electrical stuff, the mechanical is fairly simple. Having schematics is huge if you have to trouble shoot electrical.

nwarren9 02-03-2013 11:51 AM

Question on CD manuals I have a older G1 and the manual covers major area such as tare down process, electric problems,common problems you will likely run in to. A part list for your model well tell you the rest of the story.
Have fun!
Nate
:thumbup:

rkuchmak 02-03-2013 01:50 PM

Go to yamaha site u can downlode owners manual which has wiring diagram and its free:thumbup: