Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   06 Villager throttle cable issues. Pics included. (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=179181)

Eric in Sac 09-06-2021 04:29 PM

06 Villager throttle cable issues. Pics included.

This forum has been really helpful, so here I am again. I wish there were a way I could pay back the good will!

What: 06 Club Car Resort Villager. Gas 6 seater. Key start, NOT push start.

Symptoms: When I push the GO pedal, the cart continues to idle but doesn't respond to the pedal. Nothing at all. The pedal is pushed, but the cable to the throttle doesn't respond.

I've dug around quite a bit to help describe what I know, so here goes.

--When I push the pedal, the cam in the electronics box moves as it should. (See pic 1.)
--The cable that runs FROM the elect box runs to the back of the cart to the governor spring then to a "pulley" type contraption (pic 2 and pic 4) that then runs back towards the throttle/carb. (pic 4)
--This pulley moves well with my fingers, but doesn't seem to respond to the cables.
--When the cart is idling (but not responding to the pedal), I can tug on the accelerator cable (in pic 3) and the engine revs as it should.

I removed the accelerator cable and it seems to be the correct length as OEM parts which leads me to believe that's not the cause

Is there some sort of adjustment on that pulley? It seems (I'm not expert at all) that the throttle cable (going towards the throttle/carb) should be shorter--or at least tensioned.

I'm at a loss and appreciate any help you gentlemen can provide. Thanks.

Scott quail 09-06-2021 06:39 PM

Re: 06 Villager throttle cable issues. Pics included.

The cable in pic 3 looks really slack. I think that cable should run directly from the bracket at the carb and be tighter and run either under or close to the starter generator. You can also try to zip tie the spring in pic 2 to take up some slack but i think your slack is the cable from carb to governor.

Eric in Sac 09-07-2021 07:06 PM

Thanks Scott. It’s generally pretty taught. The cable appears to have slack because I’d just removed it and placed it there for the pic.
Thanks.

Scott quail 09-07-2021 07:11 PM

Ok. In the black box where the cable comes in and out. You should be able to adjust it there. By loosening or tightening the nuts. Its threaded fo adjustment. Try to adjust it there.