Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Cart would not climb hill (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=121158)

mrgolf 07-31-2016 09:04 PM

Cart would not climb hill

Playing golf today, me and my fat playing partner on my cart would not pull steep hill on course. The engine did not stall the wheels did not spin, it just stalled out. I'm guessing the belt slipped, hoping the wet grass had something to do with it.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Springbok 07-31-2016 09:35 PM

Re: Cart would not climb hill

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgolf (Post 1301107)
The engine did not stall the wheels did not spin, it just stalled out.

You're going to have to clarify...:mrgreen:

My cart's drivetrain has slipped when wet...but only after driving through a creek (a creek I drive through nearly every time I'm out in the cart). I Replaced my belt this year and it has not happened since.

teecro 07-31-2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgolf (Post 1301107)
Playing golf today, me and my fat playing partner on my cart would not pull steep hill on course. The engine did not stall the wheels did not spin, it just stalled out. I'm guessing the belt slipped, hoping the wet grass had something to do with it.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

How old is the belt? If the engine was running but the wheels were not turning then unless the tranny is damaged it has to be the belt slipping right?

mrgolf 08-01-2016 06:21 AM

I'm pretty sure it was the belt slipping. I did not go through water, but the grass was wet. Could the wheels have slung enough water on the belt, or is this a sign of belt being worn. It is 2005. How much trouble is the belt to change? I have changed them before on a cart the body lifted up on. Can this one be changed without removing body?

Springbok 08-01-2016 06:24 AM

You should be able to slide the main drive belt off with no tools. It's a very loose fit at rest. Just get a portion of it up onto the edge of the driven clutch and rotate until it peels off.

mrgolf 08-01-2016 06:54 AM

Can you get to it from the top, or do you have to lift the cart?

On edit, I just thought the rear panel might be the way.

Springbok 08-01-2016 10:34 AM

On my DS I can remove it through the seat opening.

meimk 08-01-2016 06:35 PM

Even on the Precedent you should be able to do it through the seat opening. You might want to consider the severe duty belt. It does cost more, but for something you'll only replace a couple of times in the lifetime of the cart it's a pretty good investment.

mrgolf 08-01-2016 07:26 PM

I plan to replace it as soon as I get the new suite seats installed.:mrgreen: I ordered them last week. I'll get the HD belt from David at Revolution carts, site sponsor. Thanks for all the information. It helps a lot when you have something to do that you don't do very often when you get tips from those who have done the same thing resently. :thumbup:

mrgolf 08-05-2016 07:31 PM

Got my belts today.:mrgreen: quicker than I expected, thanks David:thumbup:

Install went pretty good. I have the lift kit on the cart and I was able to lay under the back of the cart and roll the old belt off and the new one on.:thumbup: