Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

thecurti 06-16-2011 08:03 AM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigend (Post 579403)
I want to join the G8 Club

Here ya go, check out this link:wink:

thecurti 06-16-2011 08:17 AM

Cajun progress looks and sounds great !:salute:

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 579539)
Cajun progress looks and sounds great !:salute:

Thanks Curt gonna get it done a little at a time but as soon as possible :lol:

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 579526)
HA! That's so true...I wanted to take my cart to the course at the lake, but there's no way in he77 they will let me on! I am going to have to rent two stock golf carts...Lets just hope they are Yamaha's!

I wonder if you just got some used steelies and some turf tires if they would let you. That seems to be the only issue here is the grip tires:?

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 10:29 AM

Hey I got one of those million dollar questions for y'all *although don't hope to collect lol* I want to BBQ my muffler not cause I have to but more as a precautionary deal. After 19 years I'm sure there should be some build up in there. Anywayz the question is>>>>> There is a burn ban right now in the state of Louisiana because of drought conditions. * I know Mike you should know a lot about that right now* Can I throw my muffler on my gas BBQ pit on high and achieve the same results or will it not get hot enough???? :help:

justin146 06-16-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf (Post 579611)
Hey I got one of those million dollar questions for y'all *although don't hope to collect lol* I want to BBQ my muffler not cause I have to but more as a precautionary deal. After 19 years I'm sure there should be some build up in there. Anywayz the question is>>>>> There is a burn ban right now in the state of Louisiana because of drought conditions. * I know Mike you should know a lot about that right now* Can I throw my muffler on my gas BBQ pit on high and achieve the same results or will it not get hot enough???? :help:

I thought cooking the muffler was for 2 stroke engines. My muffler has a hole ripped in the bottom from the tailpipe support. If you look in the hole there is fiberglass or something in there.

Mike Mac 06-16-2011 11:12 AM

The muffler on a 4 stroke won't clog up. So not necessary. Unless its burning alot of oil.

Justin, I thought there was no packing in these mufflers, only baffles, or chambers.

stuff4mason 06-16-2011 11:30 AM

Yea, that's just baffle you are seeing. You need to weld up those holes though...Mine did the same thing. Your not getting the right back pressure with holes in there. You should also get some backfiring with holes. Do you have access to a welder?

stuff4mason 06-16-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf (Post 579589)
I wonder if you just got some used steelies and some turf tires if they would let you. That seems to be the only issue here is the grip tires:?

I still got my old tires and wheels, but they won't work with the lift on now! Not about to take that off! Maybe I'll just drive my cart to the golf course, park it right up front. It'll require about 5 miles on a 2 lane state highway with a 55 mph speed limit, to get there. Maybe that will satisfy my need, prior to golfing!

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 579641)
I still got my old tires and wheels, but they won't work with the lift on now! Not about to take that off! Maybe I'll just drive my cart to the golf course, park it right up front. It'll require about 5 miles on a 2 lane state highway with a 55 mph speed limit, to get there. Maybe that will satisfy my need, prior to golfing!

LMAO again that's why I'm looking into air shocks. Up when I want to get dirty down when I want to act like the rich folks :lhmo: