Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

thecurti 06-16-2011 08:03 AM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigend (Post 579403)
I want to join the G8 Club

Here ya go, check out this link:wink:

thecurti 06-16-2011 08:17 AM

Cajun progress looks and sounds great !:salute:

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 579539)
Cajun progress looks and sounds great !:salute:

Thanks Curt gonna get it done a little at a time but as soon as possible :lol:

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 579526)
HA! That's so true...I wanted to take my cart to the course at the lake, but there's no way in he77 they will let me on! I am going to have to rent two stock golf carts...Lets just hope they are Yamaha's!

I wonder if you just got some used steelies and some turf tires if they would let you. That seems to be the only issue here is the grip tires:?

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 10:29 AM

Hey I got one of those million dollar questions for y'all *although don't hope to collect lol* I want to BBQ my muffler not cause I have to but more as a precautionary deal. After 19 years I'm sure there should be some build up in there. Anywayz the question is>>>>> There is a burn ban right now in the state of Louisiana because of drought conditions. * I know Mike you should know a lot about that right now* Can I throw my muffler on my gas BBQ pit on high and achieve the same results or will it not get hot enough???? :help:

justin146 06-16-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf (Post 579611)
Hey I got one of those million dollar questions for y'all *although don't hope to collect lol* I want to BBQ my muffler not cause I have to but more as a precautionary deal. After 19 years I'm sure there should be some build up in there. Anywayz the question is>>>>> There is a burn ban right now in the state of Louisiana because of drought conditions. * I know Mike you should know a lot about that right now* Can I throw my muffler on my gas BBQ pit on high and achieve the same results or will it not get hot enough???? :help:

I thought cooking the muffler was for 2 stroke engines. My muffler has a hole ripped in the bottom from the tailpipe support. If you look in the hole there is fiberglass or something in there.

Mike Mac 06-16-2011 11:12 AM

The muffler on a 4 stroke won't clog up. So not necessary. Unless its burning alot of oil.

Justin, I thought there was no packing in these mufflers, only baffles, or chambers.

stuff4mason 06-16-2011 11:30 AM

Yea, that's just baffle you are seeing. You need to weld up those holes though...Mine did the same thing. Your not getting the right back pressure with holes in there. You should also get some backfiring with holes. Do you have access to a welder?

stuff4mason 06-16-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf (Post 579589)
I wonder if you just got some used steelies and some turf tires if they would let you. That seems to be the only issue here is the grip tires:?

I still got my old tires and wheels, but they won't work with the lift on now! Not about to take that off! Maybe I'll just drive my cart to the golf course, park it right up front. It'll require about 5 miles on a 2 lane state highway with a 55 mph speed limit, to get there. Maybe that will satisfy my need, prior to golfing!

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 579641)
I still got my old tires and wheels, but they won't work with the lift on now! Not about to take that off! Maybe I'll just drive my cart to the golf course, park it right up front. It'll require about 5 miles on a 2 lane state highway with a 55 mph speed limit, to get there. Maybe that will satisfy my need, prior to golfing!

LMAO again that's why I'm looking into air shocks. Up when I want to get dirty down when I want to act like the rich folks :lhmo:

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin146 (Post 579614)
I thought cooking the muffler was for 2 stroke engines. My muffler has a hole ripped in the bottom from the tailpipe support. If you look in the hole there is fiberglass or something in there.

Good call Justin after more research it does seem like it is just for the 2 strokes. And yep like they said that's just the baffles your seeing. You should really see about patching that hole. Its a lot cheaper than replacing the muffler :thumbup:

thecurti 06-16-2011 01:43 PM

I replaced my muffler with the performence muffler from Plowmans at the same time I rejetted the carb

http://www.plowmanscarts.com/hp_pipes-g2g9.html

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 579662)
I replaced my muffler with the performence muffler from Plowmans at the same time I rejetted the carb

http://www.plowmanscarts.com/hp_pipes-g2g9.html

My problem is I have to keep the cart as quiet as possible because very few campgrounds around here allow gas carts. I am actually gonna put an old charge port on mine and move the choke knob to the dash in hopes of pulling a fast one on them. I have yet to hear of an aftermarket muffler that was more quiet than the stock. If yall have any ideas on making it quieter I'm up for ideas :thumbup:

stuff4mason 06-16-2011 03:11 PM

So Curti, Plowmans says " All of our exhaust systems will increase horse power, have better acceleration and have a quiet but interesting exhaust note. "

What does that mean? Is it louder? If so, how much louder? I assume it sounds 'cool'!

I am in the same boat. Cannot have a loud cart, or the campground owners will get pizzed.

thecurti 06-16-2011 03:25 PM

You can barely hear it.
That and the bigger jet definitely helped.
Great bottom end and mid range

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 579690)
You can barely hear it.
That and the bigger jet definitely helped.
Great bottom end and mid range

But compared to a stock muffler is it louder????? I would hate to have to turn the stereo way up to drown the sound of the motor...... Wait no I wouldn't :lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh and I decided today was a good day to tackle the underside of the cart. Check to see how bad the rust was and make sure there wasn't any wiring issues. This is a pic after passing a wire wheel, a couple of welds, cleaning up the wiring, and prime and paint. Nothing but surface rust except the battery box. Totally rotted out.

thecurti 06-16-2011 04:13 PM

I would say the gravel under the tires, makes more noise than the exhaust

CajunLoneWolf 06-16-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 579709)
I would say the gravel under the tires, makes more noise than the exhaust

I would say thats quiet :-P

stuff4mason 06-16-2011 10:03 PM

Man, I hate seeing a golf cart in that position! Just doesn't seem right!

justin146 06-16-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 579639)
Yea, that's just baffle you are seeing. You need to weld up those holes though...Mine did the same thing. Your not getting the right back pressure with holes in there. You should also get some backfiring with holes. Do you have access to a welder?

I am not really worried about the muffler at the moment. I will probably fab up an ATV muffler on it.

Yes, I do have a welder, and I built these today :)

It's a light bar I designed to hold two 7" HIDs that will have a stand-alone deep cycle battery. The rear bars make it adjustable. Its made of EMT and some other tubing I had laying around.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ket_67539_.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ket_67538_.jpg

Here I was laying it all out...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ket_67540_.jpg

And last I added a hitch to it. It is just a 2.5" to 2" hitch adapter welded to the stock rear tow point. I got a little carried away and completely filled the hole. It will pretty much just be for pulling jet ski's.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ket_67537_.jpg

Mike Mac 06-16-2011 11:19 PM

Way ta go justin! Good job.

And Curti, now I'm interested in that Muffler! Never new anybody that had one!

stuff4mason 06-17-2011 07:35 AM

Wow! Can't wait to see this thing finished!! Your moving along quick!

Mike, to me, the picture of that muffler looks like a stock muffler that they may have cut apart, removed baffle, maybe chambered a bit and welded back together. Curti, is that what they did, or is what you get totally different?

stuff4mason 06-17-2011 07:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Guys, I would really like all of your opinions please!!!

I have one more week before the cart goes down to the camper to stay for the summer. No more work on it until fall...:shock:

With those new heavy duty shocks intalled, it raised the back of the cart by 1 1/2". The front arrow sits at 14 1/2" and the rear arrow sits at 16". I watched my son drive it around the other day, and I am thinking that height difference makes it look stupid. My wife and sons thinks it looks 'cool', but I donno if its right for a golf cart.

I was looking last night, and I could take the jakes extension bar off the rear and cut 1 inch of the top bar off, re-drill holes and put it back on. I don't like cutting this, but it would be the only way to make her level. I don't think there's a way to get the front 1 1/2" higher is there?

I'd like to hear honest opinions from you guys. Would you do it, or leave it?

thecurti 06-17-2011 07:58 AM

Justin BE CAREFUL ! These dang carts become an addiction.....but it looks like I'm too late to tell you that:lhmo:

The low down on the muffler is, It looks just like a stock muffler and fits like it, it feels like its made from slightly thicker metal, but lighter compared to the stock muffler. It does have a little sound, but hardly a big difference, in my opinion. I have had it on so long I forget how my cart sounded with a stock muffler, but hardly louder than the G14 i just finished working on for someone else

Mike Mac 06-17-2011 08:03 AM

Jim, yes that is what they do, but I want to know how much they cut out. Also today, I think they use a G14 muffler, probably more availability. I don't have a problem cutting and doing my own, just how much to cut out is my concern,(to loud).

Mike Mac 06-17-2011 08:20 AM

Jim, amazing, mine is 14 1/2" in front and 16 1/2" in back! I was gonna do the same thing, but when I got it out, I just drilled holes above the others for the shock bolt. So I could go back if I needed to. Yours will probably hit the spring. There is a picture of mine with the extra holes drilled in it in your shock thread. Smallblock commented on it in that thread.

In doing what your thinking, it will be level empty, but when loaded with people, the front will be nose up. So I think I would leave it as is.

I wouldn't be going any higher. I think they are at max at 6". When you get these things out going side way on a hill, they get very tippy. I had to hold mine up once out there, had a load of big rocks in the trailer on the back.

thecurti 06-17-2011 08:45 AM

My jakes lift has several shock mounting holes on the front control arms, so I raised the front height that way. Although it's better, the back end is still higher.
Just have your buddies on the back and it will sit right:thumbup:

stuff4mason 06-17-2011 09:39 AM

How much higher does yours sit? What are your dimensions in this area? And, what holes do you have your front a-arms mounted in?

thecurti 06-17-2011 09:54 AM

My cart sits about like yours. I don't know what mount hole mine is in (not there right now) I could not use the top mount holes, it set the tire angle in too far at the bottom. From memory i think its the 3rd hole up.
The HD shocks just set tall
What lake ?

stuff4mason 06-17-2011 11:57 AM

Yea, that's where mine are sitting. Third hole up. Right now the tires are \ /. I think going to the fourth hole would make this much worse. Smith Mountain Lake. (if your asking me)

Mike, your right. I can't just drill holes above the shock. The springs would sit on the bracket if I did that. The only choice would be to cut off the top of the jakes bracket by say 3/4 to 1 inch and re-drill the holes.

So I got 2 votes for leave it alone!

thecurti 06-17-2011 12:34 PM

Now you have 3 votes.

Better gas mileage when your going downhill all the time

justin146 06-17-2011 04:06 PM

Added wheel spacers :)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ket_67771_.jpg

thecurti 06-17-2011 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=justin146;580102]Added wheel spacers :)

Hope your making fender flares. Or am I the muddy one?

CajunLoneWolf 06-17-2011 05:12 PM

Wow Justin you are moving right along. Makes me feel like I'm draggin A** It really looks good.

Mason I kinda agree with Mike and Curt leave it be. When you have weight on the rear it will level out. I thought that was the whole point of the stiffer rear springs.:thumbup:

stuff4mason 06-17-2011 05:21 PM

How come the lights are out?

4 votes for leave it the he77 alone. Thanks guys!

Mike Mac 06-17-2011 07:13 PM

Ut, oh! Head lights are out. Emanate tear down commin!!

CajunLoneWolf 06-17-2011 09:37 PM

Uh Huh Mike and you said I was bad. Seems like it will just get worse and worse :lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

justin146 06-17-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 580123)
How come the lights are out?

They are out for the HID swap. How about a front bumper :)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ket_67855_.jpg

Mike Mac 06-17-2011 09:51 PM

Ya Caj, And there AINT no cure! Man, I got it bad! I can tell, yur gittin sicker and sicker! And Mason, well, He's so addicted, he'll spend his last nickel on that thing.

Curti, WAS in recovery, and now He's back main linein!

Its all bad, just bad!!

I'd say, Smallblock's the only one thats been able ta handle it. But maybe He's not tellin all. I saw his avator with some big ole slicks on the back!

Well, this does it, Justin has just broke Mason's demise! Looks good Jus! But watch it on the amp draw. A couple 55 watters are all you want to run at a time on that little 15 amp generator.