Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Caroche Runabout (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=129802)

scottyb 05-08-2017 10:50 PM

Re: Caroche Runabout

Do the brakes work ?
I ask because there may not be a wheel cylinder left on the planet for this cart.

Aflyer 05-08-2017 11:01 PM

Kashmir,
Thanks for the clear thinking and writing.

That is exactly what I was trying to say.

Talk to you soon,
George

Aflyer 05-08-2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 1382875)
Do the brakes work ?
I ask because there may not be a wheel cylinder left on the planet for this cart.

Scotty,
The brakes do not work, in fact the right one was all but locked up, and we almost carried the car onto the trailer.

That wheel did loosen up and move towards the end of the loading process.

I will know more when I get it apart.

I have found cylinders for the 2004+ Caroche, but no idea what is different just yet.

Thanks,
Aflyer

Mooncarter 05-08-2017 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aflyer (Post 1382870)
From what I have read so far, Club Car built 50 prototypes with Bob Beaumont, who founded Vanguard Citicar.

After that production went to Sebring FL, and they built 4400 of the funky wedge shaped things.

So this little gem was a Caroche with a roof and doors, etc.

Vin # is R95. love to find out if there are others out there.

Oh and it is a 36Volt system.

Aflyer

That's what my research turned up too. So if only 50 were made it is a prototype. The ad is throwing me off. So, I suppose this model never went into production. When I saw it (same place you did) I thought somebody had just built an enclosure for a Caroche. What a find! UMM, If you get tired of it I'd like to take it off your hands! Good luck with it, please keep us updated. :thumbup:

TahoeDawgZ71 05-08-2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aflyer (Post 1382877)
Scotty,
The brakes do not work, in fact the right one was all but locked up, and we almost carried the car onto the trailer.

That wheel did loosen up and move towards the end of the loading process.

I will know more when I get it apart.

I have found cylinders for the 2004+ Caroche, but no idea what is different just yet.

Thanks,
Aflyer

2004+ caroche???

55BigBlock 05-09-2017 07:05 AM

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:George,

That is one of the coolest finds I've ever seen. As far as the brakes and things like that, its small potatoes. White Post restorations in White Post Va. can resleeve any master cylinder and wheel cylinder, but I'll bet a little research finds they were not just used by CC. The production is too low. They sourced them from a large supplier. Anyway, GREAT FIND!! Please take a lot of pics and keep us up to date.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

TahoeDawgZ71 05-09-2017 08:18 AM

George, I wouldn't worry too much about the brakes. There are some much more modern Carryall designs that use hydraulic brakes. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make them work if you needed to.

Aflyer 05-09-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 1382882)
2004+ caroche???

Oops, that was supposed to say 1974+ Caroche.

Thanks for waking me up!!

Aflyer 05-09-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55BigBlock (Post 1382914)
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:George,

That is one of the coolest finds I've ever seen. As far as the brakes and things like that, its small potatoes. White Post restorations in White Post Va. can resleeve any master cylinder and wheel cylinder, but I'll bet a little research finds they were not just used by CC. The production is too low. They sourced them from a large supplier. Anyway, GREAT FIND!! Please take a lot of pics and keep us up to date.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Dennis, good information.
George

Kashmir 05-09-2017 11:27 AM

**I still hate George...