Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=97696)

Bogiemeister 08-14-2018 03:50 PM

Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained

Thank You for this wonderful explanation. I ordered the appropriate MCOR for my cart and it resolved all my stalling and stuttering issues.

TahoeDawgZ71 08-14-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogiemeister (Post 1531500)
Thank You for this wonderful explanation. I ordered the appropriate MCOR for my cart and it resolved all my stalling and stuttering issues.

:thumbup:

Hit it like a champ 09-08-2018 02:42 PM

I have a 2014 precident IQ cart after i put in the alltrax 500 controller it is a little jumpy when starting out slow is this why do i need to replace the MCOR. If you think this is a good idea to change this i will do it. I was thinking it was just because the aftermarket controller.

scooterman 09-08-2018 03:38 PM

what is the model controller you put in?

NoleFan4Ever 09-08-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ (Post 1539315)
I have a 2014 precident IQ cart after i put in the alltrax 500 controller it is a little jumpy when starting out slow is this why do i need to replace the MCOR. If you think this is a good idea to change this i will do it. I was thinking it was just because the aftermarket controller.

Under the Controller tab select Clear Auto-Cal and then let it relearn the MCOR throttle. And be sure the selected throttle is an MCOR.

If it is still a problem after that, your potentiometer is probably failing in the MCOR.

joop1881 10-03-2018 03:16 PM

Please forgive if this has been covered. I know that the MCOR conversion won't work on resistor carts, but I am planning on converting that to solid state as well. If I convert to solid state am I good to go with "AM293201" on 1993 DS and use existing pedal?

TahoeDawgZ71 10-03-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joop1881 (Post 1546578)
Please forgive if this has been covered. I know that the MCOR conversion won't work on resistor carts, but I am planning on converting that to solid state as well. If I convert to solid state am I good to go with "AM293201" on 1993 DS and use existing pedal?

Yes and No. The 1993 DS has a totally different accelerator pedal and return spring setup than a mid 95-Present. It would fit on the frame and the wiring can be adapted to work with your conversion harness, but you're going to have to get creative to get the drive bar to fit on the base of the pedal. I've done it several times, but it takes some notching and fabrication to make it work. If you're good at fabrication, go for it.

joop1881 10-04-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 1546599)
Yes and No. The 1993 DS has a totally different accelerator pedal and return spring setup than a mid 95-Present. It would fit on the frame and the wiring can be adapted to work with your conversion harness, but you're going to have to get creative to get the drive bar to fit on the base of the pedal. I've done it several times, but it takes some notching and fabrication to make it work. If you're good at fabrication, go for it.

That makes sense. I'm willing to give the ol' college try. Do you happen to have an electronic copy of the installation instructions for the kit that I could study to see the differences between the two setups? Would you be willing to share, if so? Thanks again.

BBBHC 10-04-2018 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 176154

Not sure, but this may pertain to part of joop's post. I have a 92 CC DS, that was originally gas, that I am converting to electric.

Dave, I ordered the mcor4 from you and installed it on my cart. I also ordered the attached picture (accel pivot rod assembly kit, 102026001). However, from what I can tell the mcor4 parts fit perfectly without utilizing the pivot rod assembly.

I unfortunately am not far enough into my build to see if it is truly working, as I have not even been able to put batteries in yet. Am I missing something, and will end up needing the pivot rod installed?

joop1881 10-04-2018 10:10 AM

FWIW, found this great thread that looks like the info I need. Perhaps it will help you too, BB.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-am293201.html