Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What kind of cart did i pick up? (Picture) (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=77255)

wwillmon 03-14-2013 09:27 PM

What kind of cart did i pick up? (Picture)

Hey guys,

Just picked up a new EZ GO cart. I looked at the manufactures code and serial number. The last 2 of the manuf. code is 01 so i am assuming its a 2001? From what i have read it seems there was the medalist and TXT models in 2001, how can i tell which model i have? [IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps0f622b64.jpg

pachanga90 03-14-2013 09:32 PM

Re: What kind of cart did i pick up? (Picture)

Yours is a TXT. The Medalist is similar,but has a steel-body and was only made from 94.5 thru 95.Then they switched to the TXT(plastic-body).If its' an 01',t should have the steering rack mounted to the front-axle.Looks decent from the pics.:thumbup:

scottyb 03-14-2013 09:46 PM

Series TXT
What is the manufacture code?
The last 2 digits of the code tell the year it was made.

speedgolfer 03-14-2013 10:02 PM

nice cart enjoy

wwillmon 03-14-2013 11:04 PM

Thanks ill have to check the manuf. code again tomorrow. I'm pretty sure though it says 01. Already have it stripped to the frame. It was used at a landscaping company so it's filled with dirt so i power washed it one and gonna power wash it again tomorrow. Check out the batteries and possibly upgrade the motor. Then gonna lift it and add a new body and hopefully have a nice of a cart as you guys on here.

dmi518 03-15-2013 07:18 AM

Enjoy the build ,its a lotta fun:thumbup: keep the pics coming:mrgreen:

wwillmon 03-15-2013 09:32 AM

Seems to be a problem with getting It to run, I knew I might have this problem when I picked it up. But the batteries are pretty new. When I push the gas I can hear the solenoid clicking. I've been searching on her for what to check, but I have no clue. Any help?

kgsc 03-15-2013 09:39 AM

What boxes do you have under the seat and where is the shift lever ? If it is by your right calf, when you lift the seat is there a rod from it to another small box or something that looks like a flat hockey puck ? And is there a run/tow switch on the controller cover..

wwillmon 03-15-2013 10:06 AM

You'll have to bear with me I've never worked on one before. The shift lever is to the right of my calf. It goes to a rod that connects to some sort of metal piece. I'm not positive where the controller is, like I said I've never worked on one. So you may have to explain. The batteries though are 6 volt super start fleet and heavy duty.

wwillmon 03-15-2013 01:19 PM

I've checked the micro switch as well and it seems it's still good. I have another ez go with a rusted out frame and bad body, so I'm gonna pull the controller and solenoid off of it and see if I get anything.

chloe 03-15-2013 06:00 PM

Make sure you are dealing with apples and apples when exchanging parts between carts. Yours appears to be a series drive cart. Ensure the donor cart has the very same drive system.

wwillmon 03-15-2013 06:22 PM

It does. It's the same year and model. Same Curtis controller as well, so I switched both the controller and solenoid but it's still doing the same thing it just clicks. Any ideas?

Great white north 03-15-2013 07:23 PM

Check the stickeys on the site for Electric EZGO for trouble shooting a wealth of information , you will need to get a decent DIgital multi -meter fluke would be good , then try to isolate it down then come back ask the gurus on site for more info , :mrgreen:
Good luck :thumbup:
Cheers !

wwillmon 03-17-2013 12:37 PM

I checked the solenoid. It's read 29 volts out of 3 post. The big post closest to the batteries is reading 5.98 volts. All my batteries are reading 5.92-5.96 volts.

kernal 03-17-2013 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Batteries are dead.

wwillmon 03-17-2013 04:18 PM

Okay so just put them on a charger over night and I should be alright? I put them on the charger before but I only left them on for about an hour.

kernal 03-17-2013 07:43 PM

Make sure water covers the plates. If not, add just enough to cover the plates. (distilled water only). Put on charge and let the charger finish. This could take 8-12 hours or more. Recheck water levels and adjust (add more) if necessary. Let batteries sit for 12 hours or so if you can and then measure the voltage of the entire pack with a digital volt meter. A fully charged pack in good condition would read ~ 38.2v. and an individual battery about 6.37v.