Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1995 EZ GO Electric Real Axle Bearing Replacement (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=68454)

cdcff 08-08-2012 01:50 PM

1995 EZ GO Electric Real Axle Bearing Replacement

Please help, I recently purchased this used cart and was told the rear axle bearing needed to be replaced. I ordered the part and now I cannot get the axle out of the shaft. Here is a picture, Any help will be greatly appreciated.:help:

camaroluvz28 08-08-2012 02:50 PM

Re: 1995 EZ GO Electric Real Axle Bearing Replacement

there is a snap-ring holding the axle in..if you have takin this out already a simple tech tip is to put the brake hub back on backwords and thread the nut a little...then slide the hub back and forth hit the nut causing the axle to slide out,effectively turning it into an axle puller!

cdcff 08-08-2012 05:10 PM

Thanks, I finally got it off. The bearing was in bad shape. In the parts I bought I have 2 clips, a bearing and I believe a spacer. Can you tell me if this is correct. After removal I do not see a spacer.

scottyb 08-08-2012 05:55 PM

Spacer? Washer? there is a washer between the bearing & the hub.
Be sure to torque the hub down to 90-140 ft pds or it will strip out shortly.

camaroluvz28 08-09-2012 06:45 AM

what your calling a spacer is prob an oil seal for the axle, there should be another snap-ring behind the bearing holding this in...It should feel like a spacer but have a rubber coating over it. If not the only other spacer would be the one scotty is talking about..

scottyb 08-09-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 (Post 760516)
what your calling a spacer is prob an oil seal for the axle, there should be another snap-ring behind the bearing holding this in...It should feel like a spacer but have a rubber coating over it. If not the only other spacer would be the one scotty is talking about..

I never thought of the oil seal as a spacer :lol:
Set it in the tube nice and square by driving it in with a big socket, It think 1-3/8th or close fits right in, put a 6" extension on it and tap with a hammer to drive the seal just past the C clip indent. Put a little oil or grease on the seal before inserting the axle. And do the same to the axle where the seal rides.

cdcff 08-09-2012 12:26 PM

Okay, got the axle bearing replaced, still have a grinding noise from the rear, next?

camaroluvz28 08-09-2012 12:30 PM

So is the cart moving or your just hearing a grinding and going nowhere?

cdcff 08-16-2012 10:19 AM

Yes, the car is moving, still hearing the grinding noise. Is it possible that the hub isn't on tight enough??

camaroluvz28 08-16-2012 10:49 AM

usually if the hub is spinning out the cart will not move and you will hear this loud grinding noise...Sounds like you may have a gear issue...gunna have to determine exactly where grinding noise is coming from