Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Icon (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   i40L ICON Electric Street Legal Golf Cart (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=137287)

BrokeDown56 11-30-2017 09:32 AM

i40L ICON Electric Street Legal Golf Cart

The local dealer showed me a China made i40L ICON Electric Street Legal Golf Cart that looks to be a Yamaha knockoff. The motor and controller are Toyota and it has 6 Trojan 8V flooded batteries. The price for a 2018 cart is $6,999.

Does anyone know anything about these carts?

Thanks
-B

cgtech 12-09-2017 11:09 PM

Re: i40L ICON Electric Street Legal Golf Cart

I would stay away from the China mobiles. The parts availability is usually non existing, and service data is the same. And, no, Yamaha parts won't fit.

BrokeDown56 01-15-2018 04:24 PM

I took your advise and got a 2018 Metallic Platinum Lifted Onward, with Bluetooth Stereo, Carbon Fiber Dash, Under Seat Storage and Sunbrella Enclosure.

Thanks
-B

ChantelLaud 11-30-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokeDown56 (Post 1454888)
The local dealer showed me a China made i40L ICON Electric Street Legal Golf Cart that looks to be a Yamaha knockoff. The motor and controller are Toyota and it has 6 Trojan 8V flooded batteries. The price for a 2018 cart is $6,999.

Does anyone know anything about these carts?

Thanks
-B

The ICON electric vehicle's are the state of the art carts. The models all come standard with; Toyota AC Motor, Toyota Controller, on board charger (Delta Q), LED head lights, brake lights, turn signals, horn, seat belts, side view mirrors, tires, digital gauges and hydraulic brakes all around. The ICON can get a maximum distance of 30-50 miles on one charge. I have been working with these carts for several years and also own one, and not once have we ever had to service one.

BrokeDown56 11-30-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChantelLaud (Post 1563888)
I have been working with these carts for several years and also own one, and not once have we ever had to service one.

As I noted in the previous post, roughly a year ago, I purchased a lifted Club Car Onward because I really liked the look (I still do.) A few months prior to that, my good friend purchased an ICON.

To date, my cart has been in the shop for tight steering and squiking and his has been perfect.

My cart is nice and it gets a lot of complements but his cart is laid out much better. For example, he has a dash board, his switches are much closer to the driver, it is faster and more comfortable. To do it over, I would get the ICON.

-B

ChantelLaud 11-30-2018 04:14 PM

I responded to your question because I didn't see anyone that knew anything about ICON's who did. They are even improving more so. I just received 3 more 2 days ago where they changed the front hood, added LED front and tail lights, changed the reverse beeper. Now they are working on many accessories.

TDOG 12-03-2018 03:29 PM

State of the Art? AC motor yes: lead acid batteries no.

muspod 07-15-2019 02:42 PM

cgtech hit the nail on the head. No parts. No parts = no run. They already having issues with rear differentials, motor squeaks, Bushings failing, wearing out crappy tires they come with.Body cracking, windshields turning white, The dealers that are selling them are going to up a creek with their customers. Maybe they don't care?. What happens once the 25% tariffs hit? Nice paperweight you'll have.
And for what? are they any better than a Club car or EZGO? I think not.

rroyston 08-02-2019 02:51 PM

So have a bit of experience with ICON. I own a dealership stocking 150 misc units some being ICON. We have had nothing but great experience dealing with the company and our customers love them. I have yet to see any warranty problems. Before choosing Icon we toured there facility based in Tampa where I saw a full parts department along with 500+ vehicles, and a very knowledgeable foreman running the operation. I met the owner numerous times and feel very comfortable putting our company's name behind the brand.

ACE_of_Carts_USA 08-02-2019 03:49 PM

We have been selling ICON Golf carts for about 6 months. It's a great product and an even better value. We have sold over 100 carts and no real issues, all of the customers love them. I was in Key West last week and I rented a 2 year old ICON. I crawled under the cart and inspected it thoroughly to see what the salt air did to it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the cart held up great,there was no sign of corrosion witch is unusual for an Asian made cart. If you try and equip a Club Car or Yamaha with the same features, they would be several thousands more, and they would not have 4 wheel disk brakes, an on-board charger, high speed motor(almost 30 mph), digital display and a long top that matches the body color. You can also get these carts street legal which you can't do with a club car or Yamaha with out going through the painful dmv inspection process. As time goes on, you will see more and more of these carts in your neighborhoods.