Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Workhorse vs MPT Series (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=186013)

KOZ45 08-07-2022 12:34 PM

Workhorse vs MPT Series

What's the difference between the Workhorse and the MPT 1200?

I've been researching alot and want to upgrade my 11hp engine

Vegas Carts says their engine cradle mount will not work on MPT series carts, but will on Workhorse

kgsc 08-07-2022 12:53 PM

Re: Workhorse vs MPT Series

Well glad I saw this.. Wonder if it is because of the mounting plates for the springs..

KOZ45 08-07-2022 01:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
What would the diff be?

kgsc 08-07-2022 01:20 PM

How the rear of the bracket bolts to the axle.

CP241 08-07-2022 01:37 PM

Workhorse is lifted from factory and I believe comes on 20” tires

MPT is low on 18” tires like a normal golf cart

As far as I’m aware the frames are the same between the two. But since the workhorse is lifted I would assume the MPT is incompatible because of either the rear springs (spring over axle on workhorse vs spring under axle on MPT) which I really wouldn’t think would make a difference. But more than likely it’s incompatible because of space/clearance under the bed where the engine sits. I bought a MPT from an auction once that someone “tried” to put a predator 420 under it. They got most the way done but the bed wouldn’t latch down because it hit the engine. I took it out and put a 350 back in it from another cart I got from the same auction.

That’s all just a guess though. If you wanted to know for sure your best bet would be just to call their customer service and ask. Maybe if you added a lift kit it would work?

kgsc 08-07-2022 01:48 PM

CP the WH came both lifted and normal height but see where you are going with the height. I looked up both WH and MPT axles and they look the same. I have a MPT that will need a motor soon but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Wonder if they mean WH and MPT won’t work.. Standard TXT doesn’t have the spring plate welded to the axle.

KOZ45 08-07-2022 03:08 PM

Since my MPT is lifted 6", maybe the kit would work with a larger motor and allows the bed to fully close

KOZ45 08-07-2022 03:14 PM

It was my understanding that the vegas carts engine cradle kit will work on the Workhorse, but not VC specifically says NOT with the MPT

KOZ45 08-07-2022 05:23 PM

Could it be a cradle length issue or just the rear axle connection?

CP241 08-07-2022 06:08 PM

The MPT and workhorse should be the same frame so I doubt it’s a length issue. I’d recommend just calling vegas carts tomorrow morning when they open and ask. Better to hear straight from the horses mouth than the other end (which is where I’m speaking from) :lhmo: