Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   ezgo golf cart - rear wheels locked (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=63203)

drummer4321 04-22-2012 11:07 AM

ezgo golf cart - rear wheels locked

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, I'm new here. I just bought my first golf carts yesterday. Ones a Columbia ParCar, which i will be posting about soon, and the other one is an EzGo Marathon(i think). The ezgo is the one i am starting with.
So, the problem i am having right now is that the back wheels don't spin. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Also does anyone have a wiring diagram, because there is a set of loose wires inside the dashboard panel.

I haven't had a chance to take any pictures yet, so attached are the ones the guy i bought it off of sent me.

Thank you in advance,
Mike

loflyer2880 04-22-2012 11:27 AM

Re: ezgo golf cart - rear wheels locked

First ID your cart by looking for the plate. Take that info to ezgo's main site and that can help you get the exact model and year. Then go to the gas tech stickey at the top of the gas home page and search away. This is a great tool to help you with almost everything you need. These guys will help you out with anything they can on this site. Welcome to the sickness:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

rib33024 04-22-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummer4321 (Post 717139)
Hi, I'm new here. I just bought my first golf carts yesterday. Ones a Columbia ParCar, which i will be posting about soon, and the other one is an EzGo Marathon(i think). The ezgo is the one i am starting with.
So, the problem i am having right now is that the back wheels don't spin. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Also does anyone have a wiring diagram, because there is a set of loose wires inside the dashboard panel.

I haven't had a chance to take any pictures yet, so attached are the ones the guy i bought it off of sent me.

Thank you in advance,
Mike

Welcome to BGW

Are you sure the hill brake is not locked?? does the motor turn over, you sure it's not locked up, look here and figure out what year it is

drummer4321 04-22-2012 03:05 PM

Thanks, i looked up my serial number, it's a 1990 Marathon 2-cycle. ho can i check if the brakes are locked up, the hill brake is off though.

BowHunterFett 04-22-2012 11:00 PM

Marathons do not roll very easy, in my experience, as there is no actual neutral. The belt is dragging on the clutches possibly. But first make sure the lever for the brakes at the whell itself is released, that could be stuck, or even the cable could be. if that is all fine, try taking the belt off.

drummer4321 04-23-2012 10:42 AM

Thanks BowHunterFett, is there an easy way to take the belt off, like is there something to disengage first or just try and pop it off?

and the parking brake is dis engaged, i will check and see if the brakes are fully disengaging at the rear wheels though.

royaldude 04-23-2012 12:08 PM

Hi, If you get it jacked up, you should be able to turn the wheel's by hand. If they won't go, there should be a "nut" at the top centre inside of the backing plate that is the adjusment for the brakes. Loosen these off (counter clockwise). Remember to do both sides. The Nuts may be under a rubber cover that will protrude out, just pull these off to gain access.
Jim

BowHunterFett 04-23-2012 10:05 PM

There is nothing tricky too it, just grab the belt and get it up over the edge of the driven clutch, and rotate the clutch basicly.

Doc's BoneCracker 04-24-2012 05:36 AM

As far as wiring look in the gas tech post under wiring and diagrams and it will have what your needing and ever service manuals for the entire cart that may help with the brakes.

simple man 04-24-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummer4321 (Post 717139)
So, the problem i am having right now is that the back wheels don't spin.
Mike

If your cart sat for awhile with the brake on, the shoes may be stuck to the drums. With the cart's rear end on jackstands, remove the wheels and try hammering lightly on the brake drums. This will usually free the brakes if they're stuck. :mrgreen: