Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New To Me 2014 RXV. I have a few questions... (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=156540)

mayberry32 08-28-2019 10:02 AM

Re: New To Me 2014 RXV. I have a few questions...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingnut2000 (Post 1648530)
no lift on my RXV

Those are 12's with all terrain tires, correct? Do you ever run them on a golf course? Are they rough on the turf, or okay to run down fairways?

mayberry32 09-13-2019 11:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So, I’m taking the cart in next week to get a few things fixed. I can either leave stock with the same wheels and tires that are on it now, or I can put a 2” lift on it, ditch the 14” wheels and add 10” wheels and AT tires. Which do you think looks better?

cgtech 09-13-2019 11:53 PM

Your setup is the perfect setup for a rxv. Can have great speed, will work great, and not taxing the stock hardware too much! Keep it as is! I think you would be left having second thoughts/buyer's remorse if you change it. It's the perfect setup.

mayberry32 09-14-2019 09:04 AM

So, you like the street look over meatier tires? It seems like the low profile tires with the 14" wheels would be much bumpier that tires with more sidewall and smaller wheels. I agree it looks good the way it is....I just always notice the jacked up golf carts with all terrain tires and think they look really good.

Would a 2" spindle lift change anything, other than giving a little more clearance to prevent scrubbing? Would it affect handling at all, or change turning radius?

agpfl 09-14-2019 09:33 AM

This is all a matter of owner preference and not what everyone else thinks. I have both 6" lifted with 23" tires as well as one with 21" tires and no lift. Without question the non lifted one handles better and is more comfortable to drive. The lifted one is faster because of the larger tires but is a handful at faster speeds and is unable to make tight turns. I prefer the lifted look, but if I personally had to choose I would go without a lift. The low profile tires have a much stiffer ride which is fine for the streets, but you feel all the bumps.

mayberry32 09-14-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agpfl (Post 1652852)
This is all a matter of owner preference and not what everyone else thinks. I have both 6" lifted with 23" tires as well as one with 21" tires and no lift. Without question the non lifted one handles better and is more comfortable to drive. The lifted one is faster because of the larger tires but is a handful at faster speeds and is unable to make tight turns. I prefer the lifted look, but if I personally had to choose I would go without a lift. The low profile tires have a much stiffer ride which is fine for the streets, but you feel all the bumps.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I definitely don't want to go with a 6" lift. I have 3 small kids, a mid sized dog that rides with me all the time, and my wife is only 4'10". So, I don't want the cart that high. While I love the looks, I don't want the instability or rollover risks, especially since kids will be driving it in the coming years. I would add, at most 2", just to lift it up a bit. So, my options are keeping the same street tires and 14" wheels I have right now, or adding 2" lift and going with a more all terrain 20" tire and 10" wheels. I have even considered adding the 2" lift, and keeping the tires and wheels I currently have, hoping it handles bumps on the course better. When I'm running my dog at night, it gets a little rough on the 14" wheels and low profile tires over bumps, both on the course and the cart paths. It handles great on the street.

mayberry32 09-14-2019 09:48 PM

Very strongly considering ordering these and giving them a shot. Same size as my current tires, 12" wheels and AT tires. I can put these on without a lift on my RXV, maintain the same speed and get more compliance offload, on the course and on the cart paths. My 14's and street tires are beating the crap out of me anytime I'm not on the street. I need a little softer ride, or I'm going to tear the cart to hell and back. These look really good, and might give me everything I'm looking for.

https://smile.amazon.com/Vampire-Alu...s%2C136&sr=8-1