Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   All things Lithium (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   EZGO regen current and resistor circuit with Lithium Batteries? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=165026)

molfpedal 06-09-2020 06:07 AM

EZGO regen current and resistor circuit with Lithium Batteries?

What is the maximum Current or voltage that the RXV Regen Braking system or resistor control circuit is likely to see with a Curtis 235 and 350 controller?
I had a Navitas Tac 2 resistor circuit stick on and melted anything within 2 inches of the resistor that wasn't metal. I saw in excess of 110 amps on my meter when this happened. The controller is being replaced, but I want to make sure that it can handle the regen system and the BMS shutdown settings before I decide how to proceed.
Any thoughts on the matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

molfpedal 06-09-2020 03:18 PM

Re: EZGO regen current and resistor circuit with Lithium Batteries?

:scratch:
Quote:

Originally Posted by molfpedal (Post 1728492)
What is the maximum Current or voltage that the RXV Regen Braking system or resistor control circuit is likely to see with a Curtis 235 and 350 controller?
I had a Navitas Tac 2 resistor circuit stick on and melted anything within 2 inches of the resistor that wasn't metal. I saw in excess of 110 amps on my meter when this happened. The controller is being replaced, but I want to make sure that it can handle the regen system and the BMS shutdown settings before I decide how to proceed.
Any thoughts on the matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:scratch::scratch::scratch::dontknow::confused2::t oot::confused4::study:

johnabell67 06-10-2020 07:25 AM

man not sure how youve had so many problems i have a basic wiring setup with 14 modules and i charge to 58volts and rip the **** out of it with no issues at all so far been in for 2 months maybe drive it almost everyday weather permitting

molfpedal 06-10-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnabell67 (Post 1729015)
man not sure how youve had so many problems i have a basic wiring setup with 14 modules and i charge to 58volts and rip the **** out of it with no issues at all so far been in for 2 months maybe drive it almost everyday weather permitting

Still the first problem. Nobody seems to be able to answer a question so I keep posting it in different ways to try and get a response. Everybody seems to be a little afraid of it. I didn't have any issues until I put in the Navitas Controller.
Just trying to get information.