Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Private Speed Mode 4 for $100 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=110769)

Cruise Master 09-17-2015 11:19 PM

Private Speed Mode 4 for $100

1 Attachment(s)
Going threw past CC electric posts when I came across one where the OP was only going 8mph. Member said to take it in to a CC dealer to have it reprogrammed. Also said for $100 they can go to Private Speed Mode 4.

What is that $100 for? Programming or for parts? 20mph for my little mule seems plenty fast for what I would need from it. After reading about all the costly upgrades for sparky speed, it also seems like a screaming deal.

bakerm07 09-18-2015 06:09 AM

Re: Private Speed Mode 4 for $100

Just do the high speed magnet upgrade and call it a day! :thumbup:

TahoeDawgZ71 09-18-2015 06:46 AM

100 dollars gets you a sticker with three numbers on it. Those are the numbers that the dealer must enter into the controller to unlock speed setting 4. A speed magnet will give you better results for less than half the price.

Cruise Master 09-18-2015 05:52 PM

Given cookies and the internet an ad came up with your e-bay page selling the magnet. EXCELLENT write up on what is happening with this mod. Clicky

After reading it I see what I would be giving up is braking power going down hills.
Quote:

'The regenerative motor braking becomes completely disabled when this magnet is installed and will allow you to "free-wheel" down hills.'

In the area I live in, that could be a safety issue. CC with their IQ system has given me an equivalent to a very expensive diesel Jake brake. Going down a steep washboard gravel road in a top heavy tippy LSV with only two small drum brakes does seem like a poor design. Might explain why CC did what they did in the case of a brake fade run-a-way or operator error.

I am very pleased that the ad told the whole story so a person can make an intelligent choice. Thank you.

TahoeDawgZ71 09-18-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruise Master (Post 1200172)
Given cookies and the internet an ad came up with your e-bay page selling the magnet. EXCELLENT write up on what is happening with this mod. Clicky

After reading it I see what I would be giving up is braking power going down hills.

In the area I live in, that could be a safety issue. CC with their IQ system has given me an equivalent to a very expensive diesel Jake brake. Going down a steep washboard gravel road in a top heavy tippy LSV with only two small drum brakes does seem like a poor design. Might explain why CC did what they did in the case of a brake fade run-a-way or operator error.

I am very pleased that the ad told the whole story so a person can make an intelligent choice. Thank you.

:thumbup: