Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Yamaha g29 turns off after hitting accelerator (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=181045)

Fokker 11-29-2021 11:29 AM

Yamaha g29 turns off after hitting accelerator

I have a g29 that I have recently replaced the motor and put a lift kit on. About 2 weeks after replacing the motor the cart stopped. When I put it in reverse, I get the reverse buzzer until I hit the accelerator and then it cuts off. Any suggestions?

Volt_Ampere 11-29-2021 04:11 PM

Re: Yamaha g29 turns off after hitting accelerator

Look for bad / loose connections.

Fokker 12-01-2021 06:42 PM

Everything is secure. If I flip the tow/run switch it seems to cycle it back on. Any suggestions?

Volt_Ampere 12-01-2021 08:29 PM

Check and load test your batteries. Next step after that is controller.

Fokker 12-02-2021 05:46 PM

I’ll try that. Thank you

LonestarTB 01-31-2022 09:51 PM

Fokker, I’ve got a 2010 G29 I just bought and it started doing the same thing. I’ve replaced the Throttle position sensor, solenoid, checked the throttle stop switch, replaced battery cables, and have a good battery pack. Did you end up finding a solution?

rstacy 02-01-2022 06:30 AM

When you hit the accelerator the controller expects the car to move. If it doesn't move, the controller shuts down as a safety measure. Your controller is shutting down. Cycling the Tow/Run switch resets the controller.
There are a few things that will cause this but it is usually due to the battery supply voltage dropping below 42 volts.
As VA said it can be due to a loose connection. It can also be a bad battery or a battery not fully charged. It can be bad solenoid.
The best way to troubleshoot this is to check each battery voltage and see if one is significantly lower.
I'm assuming that you don't have a load tester capable of doing the entire pack. Make extension leads for your volt meter and monitor the battery pack voltage while hitting the accelerator. See if the voltage to the controller is dropping. Also check both sides of the solenoid for a voltage drop.
You say that this started after changing the motor. That's a good place to start. What motor did you install? Are there any loose connections? Is it drawing too much current?