Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   CC onward with Navitas 5kw AC and 150ah 72v Lithium (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=174092)

Nolagt 03-12-2021 05:24 PM

CC onward with Navitas 5kw AC and 150ah 72v Lithium

Just pulled the trigger on a Navitas AC 5kw conversion kit with a solenoid and 2g wires along with a extreme team 72v 150ah lithium. The AC kit will come in before the battery so I will try ot get that hooked up before (not the 72v solenoid).

Any tips or tricks on installation of the motor and controller? I have not done that before. Does the body need to come off?

Going to be a long wait for that battery lol.

dougrobling 03-13-2021 06:41 PM

Re: CC onward with Navitas 5kw AC and 150ah 72v Lithium

I’ve installed six of these kits this year. No need to take the body off. The controller mounts in the battery compartment replacing the existing controller.
The motor can be exchanged by jacking up the back of the cart and putting it on jack stands. Unwire the motor and brakes. Then disconnect the rear spring shackles and lower the axle to the ground. You can then remove the u-bolts connecting the springs to the axle and roll it out the back. The motors are exchanged there and then the process reversed to reinstall....

Nolagt 03-14-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougrobling (Post 1812126)
I’ve installed six of these kits this year. No need to take the body off. The controller mounts in the battery compartment replacing the existing controller.
The motor can be exchanged by jacking up the back of the cart and putting it on jack stands. Unwire the motor and brakes. Then disconnect the rear spring shackles and lower the axle to the ground. You can then remove the u-bolts connecting the springs to the axle and roll it out the back. The motors are exchanged there and then the process reversed to reinstall....

Ok, good deal. I really didn't want to take the body off, I figured there was a way to do it from underneath.

Any special kinds of tools needed other than regular screws, Torx, or bolts?

dougrobling 03-17-2021 08:25 PM

Nothing special. A high lift jack and a set of good jack stands are the only things “extra”

Nolagt 03-17-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougrobling (Post 1812953)
Nothing special. A high lift jack and a set of good jack stands are the only things “extra”

I’m good there, 3 ton jack and a pair of stands already. Thanks!