Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   lifted my cart today and not I am getting a weird noise and grinding sound (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=42050)

mikeevans860 12-12-2010 05:10 PM

lifted my cart today and not I am getting a weird noise and grinding sound

I dont know what happened but now that I lifted the cart when I start going fast there is a loud noise coming from the passenger wheel. Could my rear end be going out? Could it have anything to do with the lift?

littlebob 12-12-2010 05:28 PM

Re: lifted my cart today and not I am getting a weird noise and grinding sound

Check the parking brake cable to that wheel. When you lifted it, it might have taken all the freeplay out if it was still attached to the chassis in the same place.

thewskrs 12-12-2010 08:35 PM

Check your tire clearances all around. Some lifts cause rubbing unless you put on off set rims.

mikeevans860 12-13-2010 01:40 PM

This problem only starts happening at high speeds

StoveBolt 12-13-2010 03:18 PM

I'm with littlebob, brake cable stretched out? on some you have to pull the cable out of the bracket that is right below the battery on the frame. I straiten out the bracket put the cable under it and plastic tie it through the hole.

BrewCityMusic 12-14-2010 10:23 AM

it's a longshot, but check your engine mounts - mine were shot but I didn't really notice until I lifted the cart and at higher RPM's the engine was actually making contact with the driven clutch cover (it was moving around THAT much, but at normal angles it wasn't rubbing, with the lift though it was just enough weight distribution to make it do it at speed)

mikeevans860 12-14-2010 10:27 AM

thats probably it I noticed that my engine mounts are shot.

Dave Box 12-14-2010 11:16 AM

BrewCity, you may have girly little fingers but, good lord Dale, you know your way around these 2PGs. Kudos to you man. :thumbup::thumbup:

mikeevans860 01-10-2011 02:16 PM

it sounds like some kind of grinding from the rear passenger side. I am going to replace the bearings and see if that helps.