Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Private Speed Mode 4 Details (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=14436)

scubabud 03-27-2009 07:15 PM

Private Speed Mode 4 Details

I believe there were a couple of members mentioning in the past that they were told they would need to purchase a CHIP to get the additional speed from their stock controller when actually it's just a code that's entered into it by a factory Handheld Programmer along with the purchased Private Code 4 from Club Car. I've attached a link to a PDF file of the instructions from Club Car if anyone is interested in viewing it or learning what it's all about in the future.

http://www.tk411.com/pdf/speedmode4.pdf

phasetim 03-28-2009 09:24 AM

Re: Private Speed Mode 4 Details

You basically have to have this done at a dealer. It is/was against club cars regs to sell the programming modules to individuals. You can buy the display and troubleshooting version, but not the programmers..

scubabud 03-28-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phasetim (Post 167632)
You basically have to have this done at a dealer. It is/was against club cars regs to sell the programming modules to individuals. You can buy the display and troubleshooting version, but not the programmers..

Besides that they're like $600-$800 from what I've heard so it would be extremely foolish to purchase one. This thread is just to show what's entailed to have a speed code 4 installed by a Club Car dealer for around $100 as well as to dispel the CHIP rumor.:|

phasetim 03-28-2009 09:39 AM

okie :-)

scubabud 03-28-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phasetim (Post 167642)
okie :-)

By the way... love the pic's of the kids in your avatar! :thumbup: I'll bet they love the cart rides...

phasetim 03-28-2009 09:45 AM

LOL. Yes they do, they get to come see me at work and pick which one I drive them around in.

dvrice 03-13-2013 01:46 PM

What's the difference between the programmer and the display/troubleshooting version? I wonder what version a golf course has?

I don't live near a Club Car authorized dealer, so I was hoping to purchase the code then install it myself at a local golf course. I know the local golf course has a handheld, but not sure if it is the programmer or the display/troubleshooting version.

Marathon Man 03-13-2013 04:38 PM

My hand held for club car does both diagnostic and speed code. The handheld is made for Curtis controllers. With the square or round 4 pin connector.

jakesnake27 03-13-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvrice (Post 852012)
What's the difference between the programmer and the display/troubleshooting version? I wonder what version a golf course has?

I don't live near a Club Car authorized dealer, so I was hoping to purchase the code then install it myself at a local golf course. I know the local golf course has a handheld, but not sure if it is the programmer or the display/troubleshooting version.

The courses probably just have a reader or troubleshooting handheld. It tells them diagnostics on any given cart they plug it into. Like Scubabud said, I don't think CC sells the programmers to anybody but authorized dealers.

grandpa1 03-13-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 852065)
My hand held for club car does both diagnostic and speed code. The handheld is made for Curtis controllers. With the square or round 4 pin connector.

Where can you find these handheld?