Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=97696)

TahoeDawgZ71 08-14-2014 08:49 PM

MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained

3 Attachment(s)
It seems that every single day I'm getting numerous emails and private messages about this very topic so I'm going to post a new thread and explain it all. Hopefully this helps you guys out. :thumbup:

---------------------------------------------------------

MCOR MODELS

MCOR1 - Part Number 102101101 - This was the DS MCOR found on all DS models since the introduction of the MCOR in 2001 until the MCOR3 came out in 2012. It is now an obsolete part number and is no longer manufactured. If you need to replace one of these you must order a conversion kit.

MCOR2 - Part Number 102528501 - The original Precedent MCOR. It is exactly the same as the MCOR1 internally. Externally, it mounts differently and has a different input shaft. It will only work on Precedent models. Will not fit on anything else.

MCOR3 - Part Number 103850401 - Obsolete, Replaced with MCOR4. If your vehicle is equipped with one of these, an MCOR4 will work as a direct replacement.

MCOR4 - Part Number 105116301 - The newest version of the MCOR. Works on both DS and Precedent models. However, if the vehicle isn't currently equipped with an MCOR3 or MCOR4, you must order a conversion kit to make it fit. Details Below

PEDAL ASSEMBLY (Precedent Only)

There are two different styles of pedal assemblies for Precedents. I've attached a photo of both to help identify which one you have.

Generation 1 Pedal Assembly - Uses MCOR2 only. MCOR3 and MCOR4 will not fit. Period.

Generation 2 Pedal Assembly - Can be used with MCOR2, MCOR3, or MCOR4. If you currently have an MCOR2 that needs to be replaced, you have the option of replacing it with another MCOR2 or ordering the MCOR4 conversion kit. Either way works.

MCOR CONVERSION KITS

MCOR2 to MCOR4 Conversion Kit for Precedent with Gen2 Pedal Assy - AM293001

MCOR1 to MCOR4 Conversion for DS - AM293101

V-Glide or Potbox to MCOR4 Conversion for DS - AM293201

Notes: If you have a 2009 Precedent, read this. If not, it doesn't apply.

In 2009 Club Car attempted to eliminate the MCOR2 and used a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). It didn't work out and production stopped by 2010. 2009 Vehicles were supposed to all be swapped back to an MCOR2. This was a warranty repair. However, I've seen lots of 2009 vehicles still equipped with the TPS. If you have it, convert it. It's going to cause you trouble down the road.

2009 Vehicles that were converted from a TPS to an MCOR2 will have a small adapter (PHOTO ATTACHED) plugged into the MCOR. In IQ models, it's simply a plug designed to convert the 6 pin TPS connector to the classic style MCOR2 plugs. In Excel models, this adapter has three 461ohm resistors inside soldered into the three throttle wires. This adapter MUST BE in place or the Excel vehicle will not function properly. In 2008 and 2010-Present the resistors are soldered into the main wire harness and the adapter is not necessary.

sunoco 08-15-2014 02:44 PM

Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained

Nice info. Sticky this ish

kantuckian 08-17-2014 06:21 AM

Good info

tsafey 09-05-2014 08:09 AM

I fall into the 2009 CC Precedent IQ category and was totally lost with all the issues and questions concerning my MCOR replacement. I also had no idea about the TPS situation. Thank you for your detailed explanation.

rsuddeth 09-12-2014 10:57 PM

I see some AM293201kits that include a metal rod. Seems some do not. What is the rod for?

TahoeDawgZ71 09-14-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsuddeth (Post 1075457)
I see some AM293201kits that include a metal rod. Seems some do not. What is the rod for?

It's the drive bar. It attaches to the accel pedal and the other end goes into the MCOR4 to make it rotate as you apply throttle.

scooterman 09-16-2014 02:49 PM

I have the pedal group 1, it seems only I can replace it with the same MCOR which is 2, is the newer version 4 any better than the original 2?

TahoeDawgZ71 09-16-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterman (Post 1076572)
I have the pedal group 1, it seems only I can replace it with the same MCOR which is 2, is the newer version 4 any better than the original 2?

No. It's definitely not better. Nor can I confirm that it's worse.

scooterman 09-16-2014 07:10 PM

Thanks David, looks like I'll need a new one soon, last time at the camp it was getting jerky.

tsafey 09-17-2014 02:34 PM

With TahoeDawgZ71 detailed information I ordered and installed my MCOR4 in 15 minutes. It now runs smooth with no low or high speed jerking. Also resolved what I could only describe as pedal stiffness. Maybe I was just trying to push the pedal too hard because of the jerking. Runs like new....:thumbup:

PingEye3 09-30-2014 06:10 PM

I have 2006 CC Prec with Gen 1 pedal assy. Question: will the Gen 2 assy physically fit as a replacement for Gen 1?

TahoeDawgZ71 10-13-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PingEye3 (Post 1081417)
I have 2006 CC Prec with Gen 1 pedal assy. Question: will the Gen 2 assy physically fit as a replacement for Gen 1?

Yes. It's the only one they make now.

kuntryboy 02-19-2015 01:17 AM

Tahoe Dawg....

I have the 2009 Club Car Precedent I2 Excel. It still had the TPS throttle in it when I upgraded to a 1268 controller. I was getting an accelerator code so my local dealer had an Mcor2 with adapter on hand. I replaced the TPS with the Mcor2 and got rid of the code. I'm still only getting 44% from the throttle and I think it's because the adapter I used does not have the resistors you spoke of in it. I am searching high and low for the correct adapter for the Excel cart, with the resistors. Do you have any idea what that part number is, or where I can find it?

TahoeDawgZ71 02-20-2015 09:26 AM

Part number 103682701

Any club car dealer would be able to order it for you.

Sergio 02-20-2015 09:46 AM

I saw that part number but was afraid of suggesting it, the description for the item says: Harness, Jumper, Mcor, Excel and IQ

If there are 2 versions of this adapter, one with resistors and one without, I could not tell by the description of the part #.

I saw that part number in both the 2009 & 2010 precedent IPL, no other part numbers are listed for the TPS to MCOR conversion in either catalog.

Is there a different part number for the adapter that goes into an IQ cart (supposedly without the resistors)?

TahoeDawgZ71 02-20-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergio (Post 1123217)
I saw that part number but was afraid of suggesting it, the description for the item says: Harness, Jumper, Mcor, Excel and IQ

If there are 2 versions of this adapter, one with resistors and one without, I could not tell by the description of the part #.

I saw that part number in both the 2009 & 2010 precedent IPL, no other part numbers are listed for the TPS to MCOR conversion in either catalog.

Is there a different part number for the adapter that goes into an IQ cart (supposedly without the resistors)?

There was a different adapter for the IQ car that didn't include any resistors, but I do not remember the part number. It's no longer available. The only one you can get is the one for Excel.

Camogolfcart 02-21-2015 09:19 PM

Tahoedawg, I've read a bunch if your posts but cant find one exactly like my issue. Today my precedent backed out of the garage just fine, started to move in forward then all of a sudden lurched then slowly rolled to a stop moving only about 12 feet. If I flip the run/tow switch a couple times then turn the cart on itll work for about 15 yards at very low speeds before it again comes to a stop. My 8 volt batteries all read 7 then at full charge the whole pack read 53. My lights, backup buzzer and the radio work just fine. I've tried to reset my OBC a couple times and it doesn't seem to help. One of the cart shops here thinks it is my mcor but I figured I'd ask you seeing you are able to fix so many peoples issues on this forum. Sorry for the long post. Thank you!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...olls-stop.html

kuntryboy 02-22-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camogolfcart (Post 1123724)
Tahoedawg, I've read a bunch if your posts but cant find one exactly like my issue. Today my precedent backed out of the garage just fine, started to move in forward then all of a sudden lurched then slowly rolled to a stop moving only about 12 feet. If I flip the run/tow switch a couple times then turn the cart on itll work for about 15 yards at very low speeds before it again comes to a stop. My 8 volt batteries all read 7 then at full charge the whole pack read 53. My lights, backup buzzer and the radio work just fine. I've tried to reset my OBC a couple times and it doesn't seem to help. One of the cart shops here thinks it is my mcor but I figured I'd ask you seeing you are able to fix so many peoples issues on this forum. Sorry for the long post. Thank you!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...olls-stop.html

Tahoe and Sergio I'm sure could answer this much better than myself. But it sounds like you may be either having a problem with your solenoid or possibly the diode. Either way they'll probably need more info about your cart to help diagnose it better so go ahead and list your cart year, make, model and any mods to help out.

Camogolfcart 02-22-2015 04:46 PM

Hey thanks and I'm sorry I should have let everyone know I am actually working on this under a separate thread with Sergio

TahoeDawgZ71 02-22-2015 09:44 PM

Sounds like the symptoms of a bad MCOR to me, Unplug the MCOR and jump the 2 pin connector with a paperclip and see if it works. Let me know what you find.

bobbybones 05-17-2015 07:42 PM

Tahoe Dawg thanks for the info on the am or and batteries I received the Mcor 4 with conversion kit and bought new batteries and now all is well thanks for all your insight and time on the phone

bobbybones

Jheredia50 06-01-2015 02:55 PM

I had to purchase. Brand new pedal assembly and mcor4 I can't seem to line them up per instructions so the mcor clips to the pedal assembly. Any help would be appreciated.

Jheredia50 06-01-2015 03:55 PM

I recently had to purchase an mcor4 and a new pedal assembly. I have seem to get them to line up so the mcor clicks into place on the pedal assembly. It looks like the mcor4 and the assembly both have male parts sticking out and preventing them from connecting.

TahoeDawgZ71 06-01-2015 08:33 PM

Pull the male adapter out of the pedal assembly.

kendeiss 09-10-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 1064004)
It seems that every single day I'm getting numerous emails and private messages about this very topic so I'm going to post a new thread and explain it all. Hopefully this helps you guys out. :thumbup:

MCOR MODELS

MCOR1 - Part Number 102101101 - This was the DS MCOR found on all DS models since the introduction of the MCOR in 2001 until the MCOR3 came out in 2012. It is now an obsolete part number and is no longer manufactured. If you need to replace one of these you must order a conversion kit.

MCOR2 - Part Number 102528501 - The original Precedent MCOR. It is exactly the same as the MCOR1 internally. Externally, it mounts differently and has a different input shaft. It will only work on Precedent models. Will not fit on anything else.

MCOR3 - Part Number 103850401 - Obsolete, Replaced with MCOR4. If your vehicle is equipped with one of these, an MCOR4 will work as a direct replacement.

MCOR4 - Part Number 105116301 - The newest version of the MCOR. Works on both DS and Precedent models. However, if the vehicle isn't currently equipped with an MCOR3 or MCOR4, you must order a conversion kit to make it fit. Details Below

There are two different styles of pedal assemblies for Precedents. I've attached a photo of both to help identify which one you have.

Generation 1 Pedal Assembly - Uses MCOR2 only. MCOR3 and MCOR4 will not fit. Period.

Generation 2 Pedal Assembly - Can be used with MCOR2, MCOR3, or MCOR4. If you currently have an MCOR2 that needs to be replaced, you have the option of replacing it with another MCOR2 or ordering the MCOR4 conversion kit. Either way works.

MCOR CONVERSION KITS

In 2009 Club Car attempted to eliminate the MCOR2 and used a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). It didn't work out and production stopped by 2010. 2009 Vehicles were supposed to all be swapped back to an MCOR2. This was a warranty repair. However, I've seen lots of 2009 vehicles still equipped with the TPS. If you have it, convert it. It's going to cause you trouble down the road.

2009 Vehicles that were converted from a TPS to an MCOR2 will have a small adapter (PHOTO ATTACHED) plugged into the MCOR. In IQ models, it's simply a plug designed to convert the 6 pin TPS connector to the classic style MCOR2 plugs. In Excel models, this adapter has three 461ohm resistors inside soldered into the three throttle wires. This adapter MUST BE in place or the Excel vehicle will not function properly. In 2008 and 2010-Present the resistors are soldered into the main wire harness and the adapter is not necessary.

I have a 2007 Precedent with Gen 1 Pedal Assembly Am I correct I should purchase a
MCOR 2 ? Do I need an adapter?
When I lifted the Pedal Assembly therd was a bundle of unused leads .2 round 1 male 1 female quick connectt and 1 spade Female what are they for
Thanks Ken

TahoeDawgZ71 09-10-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendeiss (Post 1197540)
I have a 2007 Precedent with Gen 1 Pedal Assembly Am I correct I should purchase a
MCOR 2 ? Do I need an adapter?
When I lifted the Pedal Assembly therd was a bundle of unused leads .2 round 1 male 1 female quick connectt and 1 spade Female what are they for
Thanks Ken

All you need is the MCOR2. You don't need any adapters. The extra wires you see are for brake lights.

kendeiss 09-10-2015 03:02 PM

David Thank You

teamscion2004@yahoo.com 09-14-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 1064004)

MCOR MODELS

MCOR CONVERSION KITS

Where do I obtain a TPS converter like in pic 3?

teamscion2004@yahoo.com 09-14-2015 12:22 PM

TahoeDawgZ71 09-14-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamscion2004@yahoo.com (Post 1198760)

From our online store. Part number 103682701. Its in the MCOR and Throttle Section

nathank 09-28-2015 02:37 PM

David,

Thanks for this thread, very informative.

On the 2009 IQ models, where is that TPS to MCOR pigtail located, and how hard is it to get to? I'm wondering if mine has been converted.

TahoeDawgZ71 09-28-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathank (Post 1203498)
David,

Thanks for this thread, very informative.

On the 2009 IQ models, where is that TPS to MCOR pigtail located, and how hard is it to get to? I'm wondering if mine has been converted.

It's plugged into the MCOR on one end. On the other end, the TPS connector from the original wire harness is plugged into the adapter module. It's usually found hanging loosely beneath the access cover under the floormat.

tlove007 09-29-2015 06:02 PM

I suspect a new mcor is in my near future as the thing stutters when the accelerator is barely pushed. Works fine after half depressed and at full speed. I have a 2003 ds iq and, I suspect, the part number that you said is obsolete. Why is that so many retailers state they sell new replacement mcors for this part number but never mention the need for an adaptor...or am getting something wrong?

Do you sell the one that I need? How much?

TahoeDawgZ71 09-29-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlove007 (Post 1203990)
I suspect a new mcor is in my near future as the thing stutters when the accelerator is barely pushed. Works fine after half depressed land at full speed. I have a 2003 ds iq and I suspect the part number that you said is obsolete. Why is that so many retailers state they sell new replacement moors for this part number but never mention the need for an adaptor...or am getting something wrong?

Yes I sell it. It's on our web store.

The 102101101 DS MCOR is no longer made. If somebody is selling one, it's old inventory, plain and simple. They haven't made them in a few years now. The correct replacement part is AM293101 MCOR to MCOR4 conversion kit. It comes with a bracket, a drive bar, an adapter, some hardware, and a new MCOR4. Once you've bought the conversion one time you no longer need to buy it again. If the MCOR4 ever fails, you simply replace the MCOR4 (105116301). It's much cheaper than the old MCOR was.

JimS 10-11-2015 07:11 PM

Have a question or two. My cart 2001 electric 48volt has no power going up hill.
Also going down hill free wheels, no lag from the motor. First electric I've owned know it should be able to climb because I play a lot of golf and they climb very well.

Any help out there

TahoeDawgZ71 10-11-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 1207767)
Have a question or two. My cart 2001 electric 48volt has no power going up hill.
Also going down hill free wheels, no lag from the motor. First electric I've owned know it should be able to climb because I play a lot of golf and they climb very well.

Any help out there

Post a new thread about it in the Electric Club Car section. This thread is about another topic. There will be lots of people willing to offer free advice.

johnnyreno 12-15-2015 12:12 AM

If I may say so Tahoe is a very honorable businessman and has the parts along with support believe me I learned the hard way thx tdog

lancevincent 02-08-2016 07:20 PM

Thanks for the info. it will come in handy. I hope this takes care of my issue

jeffsun21 05-24-2016 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So maybe you can tell me what I need , 2009 PH precedent with jerky speed, does clear after numerous throttle cycles, does have a plum quik motor which seemed to exegerate the jerkiness .Attachment 136103

TahoeDawgZ71 05-24-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffsun21 (Post 1277807)
So maybe you can tell me what I need , 2009 PH precedent with jerky speed, does clear after numerous throttle cycles, does have a plum quik motor which seemed to exegerate the jerkiness .Attachment 136103

AM293001 MCOR4 conversion kit. By the way, that's me that you're chatting with via ebay messages.