Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   14 EZGO TXT 48v Battery Charge State Location (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=138419)

HeliFlyGuy 01-18-2018 05:55 PM

14 EZGO TXT 48v Battery Charge State Location

3 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone :hello2:

New to the forum so if this topic has already been covered I apologize (I did try to look first), but anyway here it goes.

I recently purchased a used 2014 ezgo TXT 48v it is a Fleet cart but since has undergone some surgery with new paint lift and 22” tires. The cart seems to have no power from fully Charge State to no go State it’s about 20min. I’m assuming the batteries are toast, I have already ordered new new ones to replace 6x Trojans (T-875’s). So this brings me to the the main reason for this post I’ve been on the hunt for a way to mount a state of Charge or simply put a Battery meter “on the dash” some How, I really don’t want anything hokey I tried searching for a panel insert to modify the dash but no luck. I also wouldnt mind adding a USB port and a digital volt gauge. So a total of three gauges.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Also beware Grammer nazies, I apologize for any grammar issues, not my strong point.

cgtech 01-18-2018 07:07 PM

Re: 14 EZGO TXT 48v Battery Charge State Location

I would cut the hole in the panel below the key switch. It is easily removed. Careful use of a box knife is how I cut those holes.

HeliFlyGuy 01-18-2018 08:30 PM

Yeah I did have that thought as well, may end up doing exactly that it just seemed like there might be a better aftermarket solution and for the option of mounting few more whistles. I’m really surprised no ones making a plate to go across the radio hole or storage hole.

BobBoyce 01-18-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeliFlyGuy (Post 1468738)
Yeah I did have that thought as well, may end up doing exactly that it just seemed like there might be a better aftermarket solution and for the option of mounting few more whistles. I’m really surprised no ones making a plate to go across the radio hole or storage hole.

Check out this page. Carts Unlimited (scottyb) is a site sponsor here and has the best prices that I have seen. I've bought battery meters and other goodies from him.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html

Scottyb is an active member here and provides excellent advice to everyone, not just customers. The best customer service.

Bob

orangeman6 01-19-2018 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeliFlyGuy (Post 1468738)

I’d never paid attention, but it looks like the dashes are different starting in 2014?

I haven’t come across any pre-made “cover plates” for just the storage areas. Scotty’s meter/key plates are great. Maybe we can talk him into making something for the other areas, but it seems most guys cover the whole dash.

I couldn’t find a dash cover that I liked, so I used one of Scotty’s plates for the key/meter, then made one of the other plates out of ss, and the other from acrylic. I had to make cardboard templates first. Since then, I know I’ve come across posts wher guys have posted templates. Guys have used metal, plastic, even oak. You’d have to search for them, but if ircc, they were for the older style of dash.