Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

Mr. Mike 07-02-2015 11:56 AM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

I can't imagine attempting that much preload. Plus from what I've read if I were to put that much preload the cart would lose a lot of top end.

Troub was pretty cool. He started sh17 with me like the first day I logged in with my G8. I wasn't sure how to take him...He was only joking.

thecurti 07-02-2015 12:01 PM

If your NOT catching sh!t on the G8 club page , we are not doing our job :lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

Mr. Mike 07-02-2015 12:05 PM

ain't that the truth!

CajunLoneWolf 07-02-2015 12:06 PM

OK so once I put the tangs in the B4 position just load enough to make the ramps change one position and lock it down. Like I said with the white spring it was just pop it in and ratchet strap it down until I could get the key in and bolt it down

Mike Mac 07-02-2015 12:24 PM

Yep, Just much easier to do with the body off, and the wheels on the ground. Then just roll the car forward while holding the sheave still. It will prload itself!!

Mr. Mike 07-02-2015 12:37 PM

That spring isn't that stiff. I found that once the ratchet strap is holding it down a little you can just spin the sheave CCW to where you need it and ratchet it the rest of the way. Once it's touching the shoe ramps you can just keep ratcheting down without having to hold it.

CajunLoneWolf 07-02-2015 12:52 PM

Ok cool deal. Thats a job I wish I didnt have to redo ughhhh but better than destroy my sheeve

Mr. Mike 07-02-2015 02:26 PM

I really think I might leave my clutch the way it is. I like how smooth it is and how slow I can make it go. I've never been able to go that slow with it before and yet still make it go if I want to. I'm going to take a bunch of tools with me on vacation anyway. One thing I need to do is grease my clutches. I haven't done that in a while.

CajunLoneWolf 07-02-2015 07:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Figured while I wait to paint and redo the clutch I could repaint the seat backs. Reupholster the seats and cut a piece of carpet for the bagwell

CajunLoneWolf 07-02-2015 08:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh and here is my seat backs :-)