Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

Mike Mac 07-28-2012 07:58 AM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

You guys, that front bar allows you to pick up the front of the car, and move it like a wheelbarrow! very handy, I probably pick up mine every day and move it one way or another. Also if it gets stuck while out somewhere, (pick up the front end, carry it 90*, drop it and get back in it and drive out) "old sandrail trick"!! And it works every time!! Unless your between 2 trees!!:shock::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Your goal here is to dislodge the stuck wheel, but you want to drive the car down hill, not up!

"The Pro in Procrastinate" huh??!!:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

G1-G9 07-28-2012 08:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is where i got the idea to build a Stainless bumper from. Its my first cart. But i think im going to paint it black now to match my front bumper.:thumbup:

Mike Mac 07-28-2012 08:18 AM

Buddy, if the welds and all came out decent, I'd keep it stainless! Build another for the front, and sell the other one. Stainless is very in right now, Very Trick!!:thumbup:

Jimmy, 110 volt 15 or 20 amp switches, you'll never replace it again!! Don't use automotive, JUNK!!

CajunLoneWolf 07-28-2012 08:32 AM

Yes the pro in procrastinate :mrgreen:
I am obviously very good at it considering I went back and looked at the pics of my cart you were refering too and realized that it was from January and I dont think its changed since :shock:
Tommy I agree with Mike I am digging the stainless look :thumbup:

OregonMike 07-28-2012 11:47 AM

Well, I spent about 10 hrs yesterday Non-Stop in the G8! My mother is a cancer survivor, and my father lost the battle, so each year I shuttle people at the local community college for the Relay for Life event. This year they raised over $160K!!

Cart didn't miss a beat.... heading back now to shuttle people back to thier cars...

G1-G9 07-28-2012 12:19 PM

Great cart. Nice job. My mom is a cancer survivor.

stuff4mason 07-28-2012 02:25 PM

Mike, I like your idea's. Yea, I just want to build something that protects the entire lip of the front cowl. It's the only part on G8's I don't like. Kinda dumb looking when it sits out there by itself.

Question: Anyone out there have a set of 2" or 3" wheel spacers, just taking up space? I'd like to give my cart a bit more wider stance, and the two stacked washers just aint enough. Wife says I can't go buy new one's...

Also, did anyone modify your Jakes drop down bracket? It appears the single mounting bracket at the top of the drop down bracket isn't strong enough when there is a bunch of weight on the back. The entire rear axle shifts over to the left side of the cart and basicly bends that bracket. I am going to weld up two peices of steel this afternoon, and bolt that to the other side of the drop down bracket so it has two mounting points instead of one.

thecurti 07-28-2012 04:23 PM

Hey guys
My bumper is 1 3/4 EKG tubing, mostly flat with 10 degree bends about 10 inches from the ends.
I held it up to the front before I installed it and it would look really tough, esp if I put the hoop back on top of it

thecurti 07-28-2012 07:52 PM

I meant exhaust tubing. *** I phone

thecurti 07-28-2012 07:55 PM

Jim, you need smaller friends:lhmo: