Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

thecurti 04-25-2012 08:13 AM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

No 16 for me, that was a used to have cart. One I wish I'd kept.

essness 04-25-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mac (Post 718295)
My sister got both knees done Troub, Man, they'd have ta catch me, I'd just die!! But I guess you get tired of the pain, and not being able ta move, and just say,"ah screw it"! Huh?

And Wow Ess, 300 foot office!!? That's 2/3rd's the size of my shop!!:shock::thumbup:

Just see Chris is burnin the midnite oil again!!:thumbup:

Curti, you pick up a 16?

I cheat a little bit since the IRS got a little stupid with me a few years back. Moved the desks and computers into one side and a sitting/TV area on the other side.:thumbup:

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...s/IMAG0123.jpg

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...s/IMAG0124.jpg

Mike Mac 04-25-2012 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Man, you and Caj. If I were in either one of your "shops"!! I'd never get anything done!!:roll::thumbup::lhmo:

CajunLoneWolf 04-25-2012 09:04 AM

LMAo Mike I'm glad you enjoyed some Blue Bell. The northern guys don't know what they are missing :thumbup:
Wow Scot cool looking office and your right Mike that is why I don't get anything done :mrgreen:

G1-G9 04-25-2012 09:04 AM

Mike is that a dust mop in the bottom right corner of the pic?

essness 04-25-2012 09:15 AM

Nice:thumbup: Spot looks great!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...t-imag0004.jpg

TROUBADOUR 04-25-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mac (Post 718295)
My sister got both knees done Troub, Man, they'd have ta catch me, I'd just die!! But I guess you get tired of the pain, and not being able ta move, and just say,"ah screw it"! Huh?

They wouldn't have to move very fast to catch me! :cry: I've been dealing with the pain and putting it off for too many years because I'd been told by an orthopedist to put it off as long as I could stand it because the knees didn't last --- but that was back in the '80s. Much better now!
X-rays show the left knee is 'bone-on-bone' ... nothing to lubricate or smooth out the joint so the bones have been wearing on each other ... like running an engine without oil for several years. Doctor didn't believe the first set of X-rays so he sent me back for a couple more -- said he'd never seen a joint in such bad shape.
Truth is - I've started parking my cart just outside my door to take me to the mailbox or wherever else I need to go. And I have to load up on ibuprofen and Aleve before going to my welding class -- and I still pay for it the next day.
Now I have to try to wait until Fall -- when my wife's insurance will cover 90% as opposed to the 75% now - a difference of about $5-$6K. Or wait until the VA can fit me in --- which would be no sooner than about 1.5 years! The VA is really pretty good ... but they just don't have the finances to get as many surgeons on staff as they need. :thumbdown:

Anyway, it gives me an "excuse" to ride my carts ... but I wish it didn't hurt so much to stand around and work on them. There's only so much you can do while sitting down or using one hand to hold a cane. :thumbdown:

G1-G9 04-25-2012 10:40 AM

ess how do you make the pictures big like that?

thecurti 04-25-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1-G9 (Post 718429)
Mike is that a dust mop in the bottom right corner of the pic?

That's his dog "Pledge" :lhmo:

essness 04-25-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1-G9 (Post 718470)
ess how do you make the pictures big like that?

If you double click on the pic, it will open in it's own window, copy the URL and use the "insert image" button on top of the message window, paste the URL in there and walla:mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 718482)
That's his dog "Pledge" :lhmo:

That's just plain funny as hell:thumbup::lhmo::lhmo:

G1-G9 04-25-2012 11:53 AM

Thats fancy talk to me Ess.:tard:

TROUBADOUR 04-25-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1-G9 (Post 718495)
Thats fancy talk to me Ess.:tard:

Translation: He just said "It's GEEK MAGIC". :lol:

G1-G9 04-25-2012 12:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well i dont know if this will work

essness 04-25-2012 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry G1, URL = web address. Copy the web address from the top of the page and then use the insert image (see pic) right click and paste the web address in the window and select "ok".

essness 04-25-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROUBADOUR (Post 718497)
Translation: He just said "It's GEEK MAGIC". :lol:

:shock:yea, a little bit:oops::lhmo:

thecurti 04-25-2012 12:31 PM

I know what he meant
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...t-sdc10257.jpg

G1-G9 04-25-2012 12:43 PM

I new i shouldnt have been trying to do this on the G8 thread.:tard::rabbit:. How the he!! do you do that. I must be retarded.

stuff4mason 04-25-2012 04:45 PM

Like this?http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-post-402.html

Hmmmmmm......nope...

stuff4mason 04-25-2012 04:47 PM

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-post-402.html

Doesn't work man!:thumbdown:

stuff4mason 04-25-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mac (Post 718425)
Man, you and Caj. If I were in either one of your "shops"!! I'd never get anything done!!:roll::thumbup::lhmo:

Mike, the golf cart is bad a$$....However, the TV's got to go buddy! Does that thing still work? Is that one of those knobs you have to turn the channel? :shock::lhmo:

smallblock450sl 04-25-2012 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like you have just anough room for one more car.....Maybe a G8?:mrgreen:8)

CajunLoneWolf 04-25-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallblock450sl (Post 718653)
Looks like you have just anough room for one more car.....Maybe a G8?:mrgreen:8)

LOL Dave we keep telling Tom that and you would think for as many as he "claims" to see there would be one in there already :thumbup:

CajunLoneWolf 04-25-2012 08:21 PM

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...t-sdc10257.jpg
hmmmmmm

CajunLoneWolf 04-25-2012 08:21 PM

lol ok so what was sooo hard about that :lhmo::lhmo:

Mike Mac 04-25-2012 10:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 65895

Attachment 65896No, the black dog is Pledge!! The mop, is Chester, and my golf cart, Spot, just AFTER a pledge!!:shock::mrgreen: But even I get mixed up some times!!:roll:

Troub,In the 80's thats what they told everybody, but they've improved so much since then, they don't do that anymore! Now they ask, "why did you stay away so long?"!

Well, I did a quick polish job on the case, it was so rough on the outside, and I didn't have the proper sanding materials to prepare the surface, so I got what I got. But its pretty good! I only polished the surfaces that were visable to the rear, so the rest of the case can shed heat properly. We'll see if I learned to assemble it correctly! Hope I don't do a Caj!! It's a little more shinny than the pictures show, its got oil all over it from handling the gears first. Put all new seals in it and plugged the hole where the gov. shaft came through.

Well then you get something that looks like this!!:oops::roll: Good lookin post, huh?!:shock:

CajunLoneWolf 04-26-2012 05:34 AM

Geez Mike I wish I had you patience and attention to detail..... Looks good :thumbup:

stuff4mason 04-26-2012 06:37 AM

Awesome job Mike! Wow!

G1-G9 04-26-2012 07:35 AM

Great job Mike.:thumbup: Have you gotten your clutch back together?

thecurti 04-26-2012 08:27 AM

Sweet ! Buy one Get one Free at Fridays
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...t-imag0660.jpg

Mike Mac 04-26-2012 08:34 AM

Don't Curti, now everybody sees how bad a job it is!!:lhmo::lhmo: This is one of those 6' jobs!:oops:

And no Tom, went to see a job last night, and after I was clean, didn't want to go out and get dirty again. probably today!

And Thanks Jimmy!! I think it will look good enough in the car! I did this in about 2 1/2 hr's.

smallblock450sl 04-26-2012 08:54 AM

Once again Mike, nice job:thumbup: Altough, you should have polished the bottom side too...."the rodants you run over might want to see themselves in the mirror":lol:

G1-G9 04-26-2012 09:55 AM

Mike can i get that coupon from you? The TGI Fridays one for the free drink.

TROUBADOUR 04-26-2012 10:24 AM

Wouldn't it be easier to make up your own coupon? Maybe "Buy one get 6 free!":lol:

Even better ... HEY Tommy! I want to redeem my coupon for a FREE G9 (+ shipping!) from you. Just a minute -- I've got to wait for the ink to dry. I'll send you the coupon as soon as the fully restored cart with the clone engine arrives. The coupon will say .... errrrrr .. SAYS (yeah, that's it) delivery is guaranteed within 3 weeks. :lol: :mrgreen:

And you have to honor it because it's a REAL coupon ... just coming off the printer right now! :thumbup:

O-Mike ... just wait until you see the coupon I've got from YOU!!! :wink: The one from Smallblock will have to wait until I hear he's got the bike engine cart finished! :-P

NOTE: I DON'T give out coupons so don't try to mess with ME!! :roll:

G1-G9 04-26-2012 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After teasing its pray the G9 will lunge out and attack its pray, the snow bunny like animal G8.:lhmo: This is the only known picture that’s been taken by a G8 owner before his cart is devoured by the awesome power of the G9.:lhmo::lhmo:

thecurti 04-26-2012 12:26 PM

Just like a G9, leaking oil all over the floor
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...t-sdc10295.jpg

G1-G9 04-26-2012 12:46 PM

One spot of oil and you think its from my cart. I think not. That cart dosent leak a drop of oil. Stop making my pictures big just because i dont know how to do that. Come on dont tell me that dosent look mean. Can you tell what part i forgot to paint from that pic?

thecurti 04-26-2012 01:10 PM

ok, So its not an oil leak, just the way a G9 marks it's territory :wink::toothy2:

G1-G9 04-26-2012 01:32 PM

Ok, thats a good way to look at it. The clone engine in that cart will leave black marks on the pavement.:thumbup: Im doing another one right now and i dont remember it taking me this long to do. I keep asking myself how did i do this and how did i do that. The build is going to come to a hault here soon with baseball season starting.

smallblock450sl 04-26-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1-G9 (Post 719029)
One spot of oil and you think its from my cart. I think not. That cart dosent leak a drop of oil. Stop making my pictures big just because i dont know how to do that. Come on dont tell me that dosent look mean. Can you tell what part i forgot to paint from that pic?

The underside of the brake/accelerator access panel. What prize did I win?

Mike Mac 04-26-2012 08:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry Tommy, but thats out of the tranny!! I've been inside one for 3 days! Its from the breather tube, Buddy! 8)

And reverse is not quite as strong as forward, for you high horse power guys, so be aware of that.:thumbup:

Got Spot back together, and forward is forward and reverse is reverse!!:thumbup: So far!:shock:

Smallblock, how do you put those concerige springs on when rear end is out of the car??? Man I had a fight on my hands, the dang thing is like 7" long!! Got to compress it and then turn it 110* and compress it summore! MAN!!:roll: I got it, but the way I did it was not safe!